Monday, May 24, 2010

The Land That I Love! My New Vintage Patriotic Category

With summer upon us soon and Memorial Day weekend approaching I decided to create a "Patriotic Items" category in my Bella Rosa store.

Vintage postcards , ephemera, and other patriotic antiques remind us how important our nation is, how much pride we take in our land and the people who have sacrificed for our freedom.

I've set aside a few things for a new category in my store just for this reason. Below are some of the items I'm featuring plus a few ideas on how to use them.

Remember how we started 234 years ago with this

lovely glass/metal handpainted motto sign.


A few patrioitc postcards to frame or to make a banner with!



(photo: Country Living)


For entertaining use vintage cake stands, canisters, and flags to
decorate your table like this.
I can almost hear the fireworks in the background now!

This vintage US NAVY pillow cover would be perfect
in a lakeside cabin or beach house.

Sit back with a tall glass of lemonade on your porch swing and read about the ladies behind the presidents and the lives they led.



A Philadelphia Centennial souvenir (photo book) for the serious collector.


Fill vintage jars with color coordintaed candies or snacks.



Make decorations using vintage streamers


And just have fun!

5 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Jillian! This post was so inspirational. It makes me want to decorate for this patriotic season. Thank you so much for visiting us on our first Pink Saturday! It was so much fun. Have a great week! Twyla

Holly Loves Art said...

Hail to the red white and blue! Such a lovely post! Last year I made a tribute art apron for the 4the of July... this year I've got to some up with something special.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Holly

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
You have so inspired me with your red, white and blue ideas! For our bible study luncheon we are decorating our table with a patriotic theme. I love the picture from "Country Living!"


Love,
Ms.Daisy Mau

Unknown said...

G'eve Jillian ~ What a beautiful write & presentation. We are very patriotic, even in our circle garden where our tall flag pole is ... only blue, white & red flowers encircle that glorious flying beauty.

TY for your lovely visit & comments today. I so appreciate your popping by.

Have a beautiful & safe Memorial holiday.
TTFN~ Hugs, Marydon

Cottage Rose said...

Wow Jillian,,,, you found some really wonderful Red White and Blue things,,,, won't be long and the 4th will be here,,,,

Hugs;
Alaura