Thursday, May 28, 2015

Vintage Finds of the Week #8: A Mid Century Throw Back: Lamp and Diorama Ornament

Hello my vintage loving friends!
 
Today I'm sharing a few "Vintage Finds of the Week!"

 
This past weekend we were up in the Adirondack mountains searching for vintage treasures.

And treasures we found! Our sweet little thrift shop in the woods moved to a larger building.

There were so many I can't even show them all... but did manage to get a few things photographed for you, mostly of retro and mid-century modern pieces that I sell in my retro Etsy shop here.


Check out this Anchor Hocking tulip pitcher.
Named for the shape of a tulip flower
on the side.  Love this color blue!
 
 It is listed here on Etsy.
 
 

 
These "spaghetti" decorated glasses
caught my eye...
 
 
and the holder too.
There were only five glasses but the holder
can carry 8. What would you do?
Sell them separate from
the holder, I think?

 
Some retro jewelry.
I love the owl necklace as
it comes with a smaller, "baby" owl
pendant, too.

 
lamp shouted
"Take me, take me!"
Really it did. I heard it.
 

 
(Now these items fit little bit more into
my BellaRosaAntiques.com website
... but some crossover.)
 
A couple of hand blown cranberry
 glass serving pieces, german china
salts for a celery set, and some more jewelry.
Can you tell I love things that sparkle?


 
And speaking of sparkle...
 
There was a whole section for Christmas
items and we found a large storage box
with two layers of ornaments.
Mostly old, but some new.
I took out my favorites, above, to keep.
I couldn't resist the lovely pink
and aqua pastels!
 
I found the tray the same day, too.
 
 But the best find in that box of old ornies
 
I've checked them out on eBay and some of the
prices were crazy high. The average seemed
to be about 35.00 - 60.00 so I priced
mine on Etsy at 39.00. I like to pass on
the savings if I get things at a great price.
 
I'm really busy now taking inventory, listing,
and packing current orders...
The kind of busy I enjoy!
 
I'll be back soon.
Enjoy the day!

Linking to
 The (Not Just) Homemaking Party
at Hope in Every Season

What's It Wednesday at
Ivy and Elephants

Pink Saturday at
How Sweet the Sound
HAPPY 7 YEARS, Beverly!!!!!
 

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Great finds, especially the Christmas!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Love the blue pitcher. I think I would sell the glasses with the holder. The holder is so neat--I bet a buyer could find an additional two glasses to complete the set.

Deanies Stash said...

What fun treasures!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love all your treasures but those ornaments are the best! I have yet to find any in my thrifting adventures. I am going to a street long yard/garage sale today so maybe it will be my lucky day!

Sarah Coller said...

Hi Jillian! You found some great things. I love the beautiful pink and pastel ornaments the best. I've got a collection going for filling glass jars on my mantel at Christmas time. Thanks for sharing your treasures with us!

Blessings,
Sarah

LV said...

What a fun time. Wish I could have been tagging along.

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

HPS!! Oh I LOVE those Christmas ornaments!! You certainly had a profitable trip!

Hope you have a great weekend!

L, Dana