Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #31: Antiquing Small Towns

Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage! Today I'm taking you along to see what we did for Mother's Day this past weekend... 





The Hubs, Bebe, and I took a one tank trip to my In-Laws for a dinner date. Then, as we all would have it, we did a little antiquing in some neighboring little towns.

I love small towns. From the quaint feel to the fantastic history of early America, I'm right at home.

My In-Laws have had the antique bug for decades. They love 'em as much as the Hubs and I. I always learn something new when I'm with them because they know a lot more about some of the earlier antiques than I do. I welcome their insight!

The first stop brought us to this sleepy little town. It was a hot Sunday afternoon and it seemed just right to be sitting on a bench sipping a lemonade but we realized it's not even summer yet!


We made our way in to this shop.


Look how the owner used a vintage suitcase to display old photos. A perfect pairing.


And here... old bottles....



And here.... my favorite kind of books! Ahhhh, be still my heart.


I also noticed the owner of the shop had lots of art work for sale. Every area of the walls was covered with a piece of local art or by an amateur artist. Some of them were pretty good!




And now for this week's features:


Last week Rita of Panopoly took us on an old home tour during her time at a homemade barn style wedding. Everything was amazing! Thank you, Rita!


and Anne's Attic was having fun making her own signs. I "believe" they look great!



And Sheryl at Red Tin Inn shared this awesome Singer sewing machine. I am not an avid sewer but I love these old machines. Something about them just speaks to the inner woman in me. Kind of like how men feel about power tools!

We went in a couple more shops to satisfy our curious antique souls... It was a great time and I'll show you later on in the week what we found. Thanks so much for coming along with us!


Now it's your turn: Let's Talk Vintage!



An InLinkz Link-up


Linking to Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures.

17 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, when I saw your post I was excited to see new haunts for vintage goodness - always a treat. Seeing my barn-style wedding post featured was not only a pleasant surprise, but oh, so special. Thank you for the feature, and for this vintage party. More from our booth spaces this week to share.
Rita C at Panoply

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jill,
what a great place!! Loved seeing it!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

P.S.

Is this small town anywhere near me????? I know you live in Pa. too...
Hugs,
Deb

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Oh those old books are just calling to me. Thanks so much for hosting!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Beautiful post and I can't wait to see what you found on your trip!!! Love your blog. Hugs, Beverly

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Jill, I had company pop in so I didn't make it over to your party last week. Wanted to thank you again for the feature! I love small quaint towns also. Always make hubby get off the freeway and travel the back roads when on vacation. I love the photos in the suitcase. The features are all wonderful. Especially love that Singer!
hugs,
Jann

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jillian. Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 31. I love the old Singers. I have a white one with a turquoise leatherette case and I use it for most of my sewing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting again this week, I always love to see what everyone has been up to.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jill thank you so much for featuring my old wood signs. It really was a surprise to see them. Have a lovely day and thanks for hosting. Jo

Deanies Stash said...

Those were fun photos. I love the way the old photographs are displayed in an old suitcase. The old books got me the most! I love them!

Hugs, Dianne

Deanies Stash said...

Those were fun photos. I love the way the old photographs are displayed in an old suitcase. The old books got me the most! I love them!

Hugs, Dianne

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill,
That shop in the Victorian building is wonderful, sigh...
Looks like you had a fun day.
Great features, loved the barn wedding, how cute!
Thanks so much for hosting and have a great week,
Gina

Diana said...

Great features this week, Jill. Loved seeing your small town visit and the antique treasures you saw. Thanks for hosting :)

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day!! I love to antique, too, but I really need to purge some of the stuff I have before I bring more in!! haha

Thanks for sharing your day with us!!

L, Dana

My thrift store addiction said...

Great photos, Jillian! I live in one of these little towns with lots of antiquing in neighboring cities. Looks like my kind of place to shop! Thanks for hosting!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun way to spend Mother's Day! Love the old bottles and photographs. Thanks for sharing everything at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Kristen said...

I came from another blog and I saw a picture of my tiny town!!! I live in Hawley, Pa. 18428 It was nice to see my town through someone else's eyes!! Thanks for the post!