Thursday, May 14, 2015

Vintage Finds of the Week #6: Patriotic Summer

This week I unknowingly bought a bunch of summer themed items... perfect timing though to head into summer with a few patriotic treasures in stock.
 
From a silk embroidered postcard sent by a soldier in France, to a souvenir pitcher from Independence Hall in Philadelphia, I've hit the patriotic jackpot!
 I'm not sure I want all of these goodies to sell.
 I love decorating with ribbons and patriotic themes...
 
 


I also found a Statue of Liberty souvenir ... and three Atlantic City souvenirs. Looks like dealers were doing the same thing... loading up with summer themed items.

Summer also means taking time out for reading ... I found a stack of books which includes "Gone with the Wind" and "The USA in 1,000 Photos." I might be taking the book on the USA to the lake house.


Now this is not part of the theme, but totally irresistible! Found at a yard sale.... for ...get this....
20.00! I couldn't decide... sell or keep?

Keep of course! (It didn't take me long to decide, obviously!) I have it in my office already ... I love it and it holds so much of my newly acquired china and teacups. The question is ... To Paint, or Not to Paint?

Most of my new finds are already in my Etsy shop, and soon to be loaded on to BellaRosaAntiques.com.

Hope you found some great finds too, I'd love to hear about it!



9 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great finds - love the shelf.

I recently found a copy of Gone With the Wind too. It's from 1937. I love it because it's my favorite book. I'll be keeping it of course.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Beautiful finds, I love love love the cabinet! Jo

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

What great finds, I like how you put them all together to form a patriotic look. I like the souvenir pieces too!
Have a great weekend,
Gina

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love your treasures....especially the ribbon with the year of my birth!! Went to a barn sale yesterday....2 hours looking around and came home with such fabulous treasures....nothing summer but a few Christmas things. I am thinking Christmas in July already!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I forgot to say I love the cabinet...definitely a keeper and I like the color and the natural wear. I say leave as is!

Melissa said...

I love that cabinet. A MUST KEEP! :)

Tea in the Library said...

Yes! A must keep! Nice finds too!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Agggh, Jill! I almost missed this post, but so glad to be catching up! Oh my gosh, I love that cabinet and for $20!?! I'd be keeping that baby, for sure, and loading it up with ironstone in my sunroom.right.now.
Love the summery finds too - the ribbon with my year. ;)
Happy Sunday,
Rita

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love that cabinet and the color too! I'd probably leave it alone for now, you can always paint later. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.