Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #32: A Hunting We Will Go

Hello and welcome to Let's Talk Vintage! If you found your way here, then you are probably into vintage as much as the rest of us here today.

This is where we link up our favorite finds, collections, vintage inspired projects, old recipes, etc.

Today I'm sharing a few snapshots I took along the way during a "vintage hunt" last week.


These photos are from a local antique mall
about 15 - 20 minutes away from me.
I usually find a couple of
nice things for my shops in here.
I brought along a friend and
she and I really lost track of time.



Taxi anyone? I love this because it is not only graphically interesting, but it is also being used as a lamp.
 
 
Smile and say "CHEEEEEEEESE!"
Vintage cameras never go out of style.
Always fun!
My favorites are the kind that "Fold out."
 
 
Another treasure trove of antique photographs.
Love the pictures of the little ones.
So sweet.
 
 
 
And this large painting caught my eye...
which looks like a street scene
from Paris in a nice old chippy shabby frame.
The dealer has it resting on a mantel.

 
 
Here are some of the things I found:
 
 
An old celluloid covered glove box.
 
 
And it came with all of these
wonderful glass topped pins.
 
A sweet little mug which reads
 "A Present" on the side.
 
There is one more piece I'm going to
share with you for next week's
"Let's Talk Vintage!"
 
I was so excited to find it...
I've been looking for it for
a long time...
Curious yet?
Stay tuned!
 
 
Here are this week's features:
 
Last week, Penny of Penny's Vintage Home,
shared her vintage finds from
an estate sale. Good eye, Penny!
 
shared her garden centerpieces
using thrifted and found items.
 
and Cozy Tea Cottage shared
some fabulous teacups with us!
Thanks so much to everyone
for joining me!
 
 
 
Now it's your turn:
Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 



Joining these awesome bloggers this week:
Thrifty Things Friday
Pink Saturday

16 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, I could spend hours in that shop! Love the glove box and pins. Fun features as well. Thanks for the party!
hugs,
Jann

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 32.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love those vintage cameras and photos. Thanks so much for hosting!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, I absolutely love that TAXI sign as a lamp! Fun party, thanks for taking us along on the hunt and for hosting us too. I wanna go shopping with you!
Rita C at Panoply

Diana said...

What a wonderful place to shop! Love the taxi sign to, as well as your special finds. Thanks for hosting :)

Rue said...

What a great shop, Jill!

Happy belated Anniversary :)

xo,
rue

Donna Wilkes said...

I would have bought a baby photo. I am interested in the painting - was it a DeVity? Thanks for hosting!

My thrift store addiction said...

Lovely finds, Jillian! Thanks so much for the party & the feature!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for posting such a great party every week. Always lots to look at. Jo

Deanies Stash said...

I love the things you found and can't wait to see what you found that you have been looking for! Way to keep us on the edge of our seats! LOL! I also enjoyed the photos of the antique mall. Thank you for hosting!

Tea in the Library said...

Some sweet finds! Thanks for hosting!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Have a lovely rest of the week!

Marsha said...

This is my first visit to your blog. A fun party for sure! I love the old cameras, too--the folding ones. And the sweet baby pictures....I have a picture of my Dad at two in 1920.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I recently decided to start finding antique sources close to home. I too can get lost in the thrill of the hunt. Lol I'm finding things I grew up with in these stores now. That's sad haha!

Ivy and Elephants said...

So many great finds!Love that glove box!
Hugs,
Patti