Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Le Tragedie

Not everything is always springtime and roses in my antique world.

Today I was trying to take photographs of my latest finds... and well, "tragedy" struck.

See the pretty little teacup and saucer on the right?

Smashed. Into many little pieces.

The camera fell on it!

My lesson for today? Take my time.



Although I have a very busy schedule already for each night this week, I am going to list my latest finds, hopefully tomorrow while Dear Bebe naps. I went to the fleamarket this morning, albeit brief. Most of the vendors had stayed home. Maybe it was because it had rained early this morning and things were wet. I went in hopes of finding some cool vintage stuff before it gets too cold for fleamarketing.

Tonight I am heading out to learn how to make applesauce and can it. My mothers of pre-schoolers group (M.O.P.S) is getting together and this is what the rest of the group wanted to do.

I grew up in the burbs and I've never canned anything in my life. Wish me luck!



Hopefully I won't drop anything. It has been one of those days!







6 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhh Jillian ~
That is awful !! I hate it
when that happens ~
I have had that happen to me
while I am packing up an
order to ship to someone ~
It is soooo bad when that happens !


xoxo
Lori

MJ said...

Next thing you know, you'll get a steam oven to can your various sauces! You are becoming so domestic!

I couldn't help read with envy that Bebe is still taking naps! My girls basically outgrew them by 2 years of age! I still needed naps, they didn't!

Olivia said...

Hello dear! I have the motto that it is good luck to break something, it means something wonderful will happen. There is also an E6000 glue that I use on all of my glass products to put back together if it is salvageable.
Hugs,
Olivia

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
So sorry to hear about your mishap with that beautiful little teacup and saucer. I like what Olivia said about something wonderful happening! Hope the rest of the day went well.


Love,
Ms.DaisyMau

gail said...

Hi Jillian-so sorry for your breakage. I've been rushing lately too and that never works very well-there's always a casualty of some sort!
I'm jealous you are learning how to can-I need to learn that too.

Holly Loves Art said...

I'm so sorry to read about the "accident!" Oh boy that has happened to me before. My saddest tragedy was when a painting fell off the wall onto my darling German vintage PINK three tier dessert stand. I managed to glue it back together but it's missing pieces so I have to strategically place little display items over the cracks. :(

Your pictures are beautiful!
Hugs,
Holly