Friday, August 6, 2010

Frou Frou For You



Did you know froufrou is named after the French word for the rustle of silk

Another definition is: Fussy or showy dress or ornamentation

Well now you can understand why I just had to join Connie of Living Beautifully for Frou Frou Friday!

I was excited to highlight some of my favorite froufrou pieces I have in my shop:


The first photo below are just some of the new things I listed last night:



And the following pictures are just some of the OTHER frou frou that I think deserves a second look:


Her dress, very frou frou, no?


This pink rose is just COVERED with frou frou glitter..... so sparkly in person.





Ooh la la always frou frou with French perfume!




Frou Frou can be dangly earrings too!


I love these frou frou'ie kind of dishes to put jewelry or lipsticks in ...





I can just hear them purring now, those little frou frou felines! Mrrreowwww!




I can't believe this pink crystal beauty hasn't been swept up to be oh so frou frou around
someone's neck. If nothing else, it is a beautiful display piece. Loooooooooove it!

What are you seeing as Frou Frou today?

Check out Connie's blog at Living Beautifully for so much more!



10 comments:

Connie said...

Beautifully done, sugar! Yep, that's right about the explanation of froufrou. How observant of you.
Smooches for the girl,
xoxoxoxoxo,
Connie

The Urban Chic said...

Happy frufru friday Jillian.Love all the beautiful things you showed off and I too can't believe no one has snatched up that crystal necklace. My favorite is the little cats-they are just too cute. Hugs, Pat

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hello Jillian, What pretty FrouFrou you displayed today....love it all, but especially the French perfume bottle and the pink crystal beads!
Luv,
Jil
xo

Pam Kessler said...

Hi Jillian. This is my first time visiting and I wanted to tell you that I love your blog. I have been sitting here looking over old posts and I've become your newest follower.

I originally was sent here by Vintage Whimsy because she saw that I was looking for some vintage children's hangers and she had remembered them from your site a few weeks ago. Looks like you've already sold them, but I'm glad I stopped by.

Victorian1885 said...

Good afternoon Jillian
Your post is perfect..love the photo! Have a great weekend!

Wanda

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh, Frou Frou Friday sounds like fun!
Your items are all perfect. Love the glittery pink rose, perfume bottle, and the hat pin holder.
So pretty!

Kimberly :-)

j said...

My favorite was the frou frou kitties! They are adorable!

Holly said...

Oh, I love your spot - I did not know what frou frou meant, but I love the word. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely goodies!
blessings,
Holly

Sandi said...

Loving all your frou frou!! Pink is always a good thing!! :)
Blessings~

Ashley ~ said...

I'm just looking around at all your pretty pics and enjoying my stroll through your beautiful blog.
I hope you are having a blessed Sunday afternoon*!

((Hugs))

_Ashley