Monday, February 23, 2009

Needlepoint Chair Covers ~ Clock Faces, Pin Ornaments & More

This weekend I went treasure hunting...and found quite a few treasures I couldn't pass up. Not with these luscious roses on them. What better inventory than this for the Bella Rosa website? I was so excited about bringing them to you. Here is what I found:




Thank you, the black chair covers have sold!
A set of 6, YES SIX, vintage needlepoint chair covers. Two in black, two in purple, and two in a lovely red. I can just see an entire dining room set covered in these beauties. Each one uniquely hand done. It is hard to find them these days... another lost art.






Thank you, the purple & red have now sold!

Then I came across this neat little box with the vintage rose .... and inside were pieces of old tatting! So sweet. Then I noticed inside on the lid, someone had written a sweet note with a date of 1898.




Thank you, this box & tatting has sold!

Needless to say, I was thrilled. And peaking of needles...um, I mean pins, I also found these ADORABLE vintage handmade ornaments. The colors are so soft and sweet. Would look great with a shabby pastel rose bowl or maybe even in your apothecary containers.


I absolutely loved this. A sweet little mirror with the words "Our Friends" etched onto it. May have come from a vintage album...but even by itself I find it irresistible!


And to add to my new "For Crafters" category... how about some old clock faces? The possibilities are endless to use in displays or mixed media arts. Someone creative could have lots of fun with these.

Thank you, the clock faces have sold!

All to be listed on our website, Bella Rosa Antiques, very soon! Keep an eye out for them. I never know exactly what day my listings will hit the internet...it just depends on how much I can get done inbetween Dear Bebe's naps and playtimes.

And as always...



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those neddlepoint covers. I love needlepoint. Well not to make but buy. lol. mishelle

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Great finds!
Love those chair covers! The bouquets really POP against the rich background colors.

Kimberly :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful finds. Those needlepoint covers are beautiful!

kari and kijsa said...

What great finds!! Love those chair covers and watch faces!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jillian~ Thanks for visiting and checking up on me~ I am doing so much better~ I actually am sewing a few hours each day. Did you see the photo of thepillows I made using your gorgeous red needlepoints? I had a third that matched ~ so I made the set of three ~ sewing standing up w/my arm in the sling~ they were so much fun~ and sold in minutes~ I wanted to keep them myself. I keep my eyes on your site at all times~ Sharon@C'estChouette