Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage! #34: In Search of Spinning Figurines

Hello and welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
This is where bloggers gather to share their posts about vintage collections, wares, inspired projects and more!

Today I am sharing my love for vintage, delicate, porcelain spinning figurines.

It all started when I was a little girl.


My Grandmother had this one in her bedroom, back when it was fashionable to have a shelf and cabinets as your headboard.  I would lay on her bed and gently spin the little pixie ballerina. I loved it. She even has a few repairs in her past. (The figurine, not my Grandma. Tee hee.)

Now it is my treasure and great memory of her to cherish.

But, it started a desire to find more of them. I'm not even sure what they are called other than "spinning  figurines." They are hard to find. My curiosity was piqued!


I found this one in an antique mall not too far from us a couple of years ago.


Then, just a few weeks ago, at the same antique mall, I spotted this one... I was so thrilled!


So now I officially have a collection of three.

I've only found these plus one I gave to my MIL several years ago because it was of a spinning Santa under a Christmas tree, and she collects Santas.

You can be sure I will be looking for them again in that same antique mall, it seems to be a lucky one!
___________________

Let's see what you all shared last week with a few features:



Last week we saw Debbie of Debbie Dabble get crafty with her patriotic décor. Thanks so much Debbie, you've inspired me to get out my red, white, and blue!


and Random Anny shared a special size Ball jar that glass flower frogs fit into. Thanks for the tip!


and Brooke at Creative Country Mom's blog shared a special find: An antique Family Recorder heirloom and how she used it to decorate her family room.



Now it's your turn! Let's Talk Vintage!




Linking with these awesome bloggers:
 
Coastal Charm for Show and Share
Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday
My Salvaged Treasures for Vintage Inspiration Party
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
and How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
 

17 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
Thanks so much for the feature and for hosting this great party!!
Love all the vintage pretties that you shared today!!

Thanks again and I will be giving you a Shout Out on Google + and in my next post!!

And thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Cranberry Morning said...

Those spinning figures are so sweet! Isn't it funny how something like that from our childhood past just never quite lets go of us. Love it!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jillian, I've never come across the spinning figures, so vintage and sweet. Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 34. Have a good week.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for letting me share my vintage wallpaper sign. Have a lovely week. Jo

Marsha said...

I've never seen those little spinning figurines before. Thanks for sharing something new (to me). Have a great week. Thanks for the party.

Victoria said...

Oh my gosh, those little spinning ballerina's are incredible! I've never seen those before! Hopefully you come across some more on your antiquing ventures.

Don't faint but I actually put a blog post up today:) I'm soooo lazy with my blogging these days but I don't want to give up on it!

Diana said...

Love those spinning figurines, Jill--I've never seen them before. So cute. Thanks for hosting your lovely party :)

My thrift store addiction said...

Hello Jillian, thanks so much for hosting! Have a great week!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just love those little spinners! So adorable! I have never seen them. If I ever do I will definitely remember your story.

Anny said...

I'd never seen those spinners - how adorable!

Deanies Stash said...

Those spinners are so cute! I have never seen one before. I will be keeping my eyes out now. Thank you for the party!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting Jillian. I've never seen those spinning figures before. They're so sweet.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I have never seen these before...and they are CHARMING.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love those delightful spinners! Thanks so much for hosting and joining us. Where but blog land could we get together and have so much fun!
Hugs,
Patti

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Thank you for your kind comment and invite! Linked up with your party. I have never seen those spinners before...that's what is so neat about blogging you see and learn about so many things. I'm officially on the hunt for one of those mason jars!!!Also I'm your newest follower. Have a lovely week ~ Mickie.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I've never seen these before. Such precious memories. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

These little spinning figurines are just precious! I have never heard of or seen them before. Love the story behind the one from your grandmother! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann