Thursday, February 28, 2013

Starting a Bead Kit with Vintage Baubles

I have a category in my Bella Shop
 
This is where I sell bits and bobs
of things that have broken
from vintage jewelry or other
vintage bling and buttons.
 
Lately I have been keeping
some of the beads and charms.
 
 

Some of these came from my Grandmother's old stuff. Most are plastic but over the past couple of year's I've found at estate sales, some nice glass beaded necklaces that were either strung too tight or broken.
 
I'm filling up a nice little kit.


Another box is filling up now too!


My inspiration came from a girl's night out
last year at a local bead works.

It occurred to me that I already had lots of
beads, I just didn't know what to do with them.
 

My mom's group made these velvelt bookmarks
which I found on Andrea Singarella's blog.
This girl has some great ideas!
 
I introduced the bookmark craft
to my mom's group and they loved it!
 
I think I showed off my pink creation last year.
 



My new project is this black and silver bracelet.
I had purchased some jewelry for Bella Rosa
when I discovered one of the black crystal
flapper girl necklaces was coming unstrung.
 
Now the beads have a new life!



My new tools of the trade.
 
Looking forward to more new
things to wear... and maybe even
to sell in my Etsy shop!
 
Lookout!

No comments: