Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strolling Through Cape May

Ever been to Cape May, NJ? If not, I highly recommend it.
 This my friends is part of the REAL Jersey
 Shore, not the kind you see on TV.


It is old fashioned.






A place I can find antiques and nostalgic things!



A place where candy and beach lovers delight!


Shopping is fun, too.

You'll take a step back in time
whenever you set foot in beloved Cape May.


The inns are quaint and romantic.
This one is all ready for the Fourth of July.
The planters are a lovely shade of
 blue and are shaped like big shells.

 
Did you know Dear Hubs and
 I were engaged here?
Oh yes!

Right inside this very cottage.
Only it wasn't quite like it is now.

Back in 2002, it was called The Inn at 22 Jackson.

Now it is the Red Cottage.

Still charming!


And I of course, messed up the proposal a bit.

Dear Hubs had it all planned out to happen across the street at a very elegant restaurant.

Paid the piano player to have "Summer Wind" music in the background.

I instead, started chatting with the couple who had just sat down near me as the pianist began the song.

Dear Hubs gave up!

But he finally proposed at the inn where I was staying.

The other B&B's on the same street.
This is only a small portion of the gorgeous Victorian's in this lovely town.

And I haven't even shown the beach views.
Gorgeous!

We (Mother and I and Dear Bebe) took Dear Hubs out to eat
for Father's Day.
He loved it. And I was entranced once again by the wonders of Cape May.

There is even a song written about it...


















Happy July 4th... I'm linking to Pink Saturday for a patriotic celebration in red, white and blue this week... or maybe even in Pink!

Enjoy, be safe, and may God Bless America!

15 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Great posting on our visit to Cape May. Loved the song too!




Love,
Ms.Daisymau

The French Hutch said...

I would love to visit Cape May. It looks like a great location to explore. Thanks for popping in and saying hello. How sweet of your husband to get the bike for you. Got to have a bike at the beach....

~Emily
The French Hutch

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place Jillian, love the song too!

Happy 4th July!

Hugs
Charo

LV said...

Never been there, but from what you have shown us, I would truly enjoy visiting.

Char said...

I would love to visit. I think Cape May looks like a very pretty and inviting place to see. Thank you so much for the tour, it looks like you had a great time.
Happy 4th, Char

Maison Mutt said...

How funny, thank goodness Hubby asked anyway! What a beautiful town. Happy PS!
Wags, Niki

The Old Parsonage said...

We were there once, but now travel to DE to vacation. I love the quaintness of Cape May though.

Enjoy your 4th!
Leann

Unknown said...

For years, Jillian, we spent our anniversaries in Cape May. The beauty of this beautiful quaint village is captured in your pictures. But ever so much more beautiful in person. The shops & Victorian homes are just wonderful. You are making me pine for a trip back up there.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend, my friend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Betty said...

I'm a Jersey girl originally...thanks for showing everyone how beautiful the Jersey Shore can be. We stayed in one of those places when my niece got married on the beach at Cape May. Happy Pink Saturday and 4th of July!

The Artful Diva said...

Cape May looks the perfect summer place to celebrate. Happy 4th of July and PS!

Robin said...

Lovely photos....thanks for sharing. Have a pinkishly beautiful Independence Day weekend.

suesueb said...

I've always wanted to go up to the east shore for a vacation and this looks like the perfect place! I love old houses, antiques and gorgeous views. What wonderful memories you must have from there!! Thanks for stopping by to visit and I hope you have a wonderful, safe Fourth!!!

Marina Capano said...

Just beautiful!

xoxo

dana said...

Hi Jillian! How I enjoyed this trip to Cape May....and your sweet "proposal" story"" Your hubs sounds like a true romantic!!!!

I loved the song, too!

Hope you were able to go to that parade yesterday! It was SOOOO stinkin' hot were we were....lots of sun this year! We did have a grand old time at the parade and at the cookout later. I think I am still suffering from too much sun today...even though I was parked beneath a very patriotic umbrella the whole time the parade rolled by...I still feel yucky. Maybe I am just downright tired from a week of being "on the go", too. I think this will be an all day long PJ Day....shhh....don't tell my hubby....he's at work! :(

HPS....hugs to you and bebe! L, Dana

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

I had friends that lived therenow in Philly, it is wonderful.Laura