Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #96: Shop Updates & New Arrivals

Welcome to "Let's Talk Vintage!"

 
Each week, bloggers who love vintage
gather together and share their latest
junkin' hauls, projects, collections,
finds listed  for sale, and more.  
 
Today I'm sharing a couple of my most
recent projects and some shop updates.
 
 
I love how this dresser turned out.
 
 
 
Since there are multiple uses now for dressers, I decided to chalk paint this horizontal style piece in white and gray. I gave it a glamorous look by silver leafing all of the drawer pulls.
 
 
Then the top was given a special look with this stencil.
Now it is ready to be given a new home...
as a dresser, buffet, or baby a baby
changing table.
 
 
I still had some Annie Sloan paint left
so I decided this nightstand would be perfect
for a soft pink and cream. Lovely for a baby's
room or for a vintage style girl's room.
 
 
I painted the drawer pull in a shabby metallic, not completely covered, but just enough to look vintage.
 
 
The feet on this piece were not very
noticeable until I highlighted
areas in cream. Looks like icing
on a cake!
 
 

The hubby worked on this old kitchen
table and turned it from drab to fab!
I asked him to add the red "graphic"
trim on the table top. It really made it pop! 
 
 
I gave new life to a small half-moon
style side table and found this awesome
hand crafted basket by "Harry & David."
It was perfect for a box of silk flowers
I had picked up at a yard sale.
I love its new look!
(The table has already sold.)
 
 
I added this pretty mirror... love the
rich color of the frame.
 
 
And we added this beautiful Italian marble
coffee table for filler... such gorgeous lines.

 
 
So now we have a pretty nice
repertoire in the shop.
 
August has been a little on the slow side...
but since I am still managing my Etsy shops,
I have plenty to do!
 
Now let's get to this week's features:
 
 
The French Hutch shared her beautiful
gift of peaches and a homemade ice cream
recipe that is no doubt, pretty sweet!
 
 
and Heidi of My Sweet Cottage
shared her wonderful, three season 
greenhouse. She grows a treasure 
trove of beautiful things in there!
 
 
and Sandi of Old New Green Redo
shared her latest finds and this
antique pitcher is gorgeous.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
 
 
If you were featured, feel free to use
this graphic on your blog or side bar!


 

15 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Thank you so much for the feature today!!! Love your projects this week, the dresser is gorgeous and I especially love the top with the stencil. Also, the sweet pink night stand looks perfect for a little girls room with the creamy little feet.
Great party, thanks for hosting............

Julie said...

Thanks for the party, Jillian. Oops, my link copied twice! Please delete one, and have a great week!

Celestina Marie said...

Great features and inspiration. Thanks for sharing the links.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So sorry my post went in twice! I got a notice that it didn't go through and then it shows up twice!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your new pieces are just gorgeous! LOVE the table with the stripe.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
These are stunning pieces but that table and chairs store my heart!! Beautiful and would look great in my Kitchen if only it was bigger!
Thanks for hosting each week!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

You just keep banging out beautiful furniture! Good for you!

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, the pieces are gorgeous! The table, dresser and nightstand are all making me drool! The store looks so great!!

Thank you for hosting.

xo Dianne

My thrift store addiction said...

Oooh, that gray dresser is a beauty! Thanks for the party!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 96, appreciated. Thanks for sharing photos from your recent projects.
Joy

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jillian, thanks for hosting and thanks so much for featuring my greenhouse!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Hello

Oh My gosh when I tried to join the party it wouldn't take in linky now there is 5 posts
please remove the extra ones haha

Glad to join in today

Janice

Sandi Magle said...

Thanks so much for the Feature, Jillian. Your collections are always one of my favorites and it's an honor to put another link to you on my blog page. Thanks again, Sandi

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, I am loving your shop - not only the architectural style of the space itself, but your inventory is really growing into many nice items. Your husband did a particularly great job with those graphic stripes on that dinette. Thanks for hosting us, and I hope your week is going well.
Rita

Debra said...

Everything is so lovely. I especially like the pink and white table.