Friday, August 21, 2015

Thinking Pink #7: Beach Houses & Vintage Finds of the Week

 
Welcome to Thinking Pink #7!
Each Friday I like to highlight
my latest finds in my favorite color.
 
 
This week, after coming off of a vacation
in Ocean City, New Jersey, I am
sharing some of my finds there,
including this awesome mid-century
modern beach house.

Is she fabulous or what?
 
 
Each day we would either bike
ride or drive by this house.
Finally towards the end of the
vacation on yet another bike ride,
I said "WAIT! I've GOT
to take a photo of this!"
 

And I took this shot.
 
 
And this one too.
 
It was then I noticed a woman
out on the deck. She was
soaking in the morning rays of
the sun.

(Can you see her up in the left
hand side of the photo?)
 
I yelled "Love the PINK!"
 
She yelled back: "Thank you!!!!!!!"
 
 
And then I took a picture of this
beach front house, too.
 
 
The roses along the front
were a nice touch.
 
The pink, in contrast to
the perfect blue sky on a
beautiful crisp day, was
so bright and really popped.
 
**********
Now here are some of
 my finds, in pink:
 
 
Vacation... always a great
time to shop another area for
vintage. We stopped at
several places on our way down
to Cape May.
 
 
I also found this little cutie,
marked Made in Japan.
 
And another little bit of LuRay
to add to my inventory.
 
 
More pictures to come and they
will be added to my shop soon.
 
School is about to start.
Just one week left.
 
We've had a great summer...
It will be bitter sweet to
send Bebe back to school,
but this means I will be
back to working in my shop
full time. What fun to
go through all of my summer
finds again. Kind of like
Christmas!
 
Enjoy your day!
 
Linking with:

10 comments:

Maiah Harrison said...

Wow, that is pretty house. I never thought pink could work out in a house besides Barbies, but it worked pretty well on this one ;-)

Maya from Pretty Nails And Tea

Jeannie Marie said...

I love pink houses and I see them occasionally in my travels. I always photograph them too! Happy Pink Saturday!

LV said...

You were lucky finding so many diffeent pinks in one area.

Victoria said...

Wow, those houses are amazing!!! Are they full time homes or just summer homes? Love the little pink teapot! I'll have to check out your shops, haven't been there in a while:)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love those pink houses! Are you going to paint yours pink now ?:-)
Lovely pink treasures too! I am looking forward to back to school because that is when I will be digging in to my summer stash and start listing them all for the Fall/Holiday season. We have 2 1/2 weeks till school...

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great pinks!! Especially the houses!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Deb

Art and Sand said...

I love all the pink houses. I am trying to figure out if there is a pink house on our beach, but I don't think there is.

Rue said...

Those houses are too much! Love them :)

Happy belated Birthday, my friend. I hope it was wonderful.

xoxo,
rue

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Love the pink houses. So lovely! I could totally live in a pink house, but the hubby? Not so much. lol.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The pink beach house is too cute! I'm glad you let her know. Also love the flowers by the picket fence. Cute pink finds, but I am drooling over your Lu Ray. I had never seen it until I saw your amazing collection. I found my first piece a while back a baby blue teacup and saucer. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann