Thursday, March 19, 2015

Getting Ready for An Annual Easter Egg Hunt Party

I like to party. I do.
 
It helps keep us social.
(And our house clean!)
 
For the past four? years
I've had an Easter Egg Hunt Party
for Bebe and her friends. I guess
another reason I have parties
for her is because she doesn't
have any siblings
to play with.
 
 
I think I am off to a good start with the pre-party prep.
Using an old artist's board that had age spots
on it, I decided to make my own
 "Egg Hunt Party" sign instead of buying one.
I've enlisted the hubs to make a stake
for it...should look fun and inviting as guests arrive!
 
For another post I will have to share my new
craft table that is in our new craft space.
Bebe and I have been enjoying it immensely!
I've even had a craft day with my gal pals.
More on that later though!
 
 
 
Back to the party prep!
 
This was last year's set up. I like to have a big table and big display
outside as long as the weather is nice. April can be tricky!
 
I save that large tin vase and hanging eggs
in my basement every year so I can use it again.
 
This year I may have start fresh with a new arrangement
because Bebe found the bag of eggs I use
and started taking out all of the strings and buttons.
(Place a button inside with the
string attached and the string won't fall out.)
 
 
 
 This is the food area, inside. We munch on snacks
while the Dad's are outside hiding the eggs.
 
I also had a decorate your own goodie bag
activity to keep the kids busy.

 
 This is a pizza tray sized pink lemonade cookie with homemade
icing and confetti sprinkles. It was delicious!
I think it is a Pillsbury cookie mix. Big hit.


 
Here are some of the kids on the hunt.
(With the Hubs getting a kick out of it supervising!)



This was the bucket of last year's champ...
 
 
I found an awesome "Champion" medal of honor at the
craft store. It worked perfectly as the "Grand Prize."
 
And I take a play off of "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" by placing "Golden Tickets" inside random eggs, that way, the fastest egg finder isn't the only one who wins a prize.
 
I have a lot of fun setting it up and the kids have a great time hunting.
 
This may be the last year though... what age does it not become fun anymore?
Tough question, because I still think it is fun!
 
Linking with Share Your Cup with Mrs. Olson.
Also with What's It Wednesday with Ivy and Elephants,
and Share Your Style with 8 Bloggers!

4 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Looks like great fun and what great memories for the kids. I had an Easter egg hunt in April one year and it snowed! I used to love throwing parties for my girls when they were little. It was as much for me as it was for them. Not sure what age to stop!!

Rue said...

You throw a darling party!

I'm not sure about age, since my 19 year old still wants to hunt for eggs lol

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A wonderful memory-maker! :) When my boys were little, there was a party hosted by some uncles and aunts on their dad's side out at a log cabin site that one of the uncles owned. The grandmas and aunts decorated the eggs ahead, the men hid them, people brought donuts, etc and the kids all had a blast :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Nothing can be more fun than an Easter egg hunt! We still do it every year. In our previous home we had a neighbor that hosted one for years and the kids love it. You are creating wonderful memories for your bebe. Lots of fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann