Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's All in the Signature: Antique Autograph Albums

When someone says "She has that signature style,"
they mean she has IT.
The kind of style everyone wants.
Classic Appeal.
I'd say the same about these antique autograph albums.
They just don't make them like this anymore.



Wonderful old graphic lines as
well as a beautiful color lithograph picture.
(Available in my shop)


Here is the inside frontispiece.
Again, beautiful design.
A rose, a country scene,
awesome graphics.


 
 
 
 
 

Source: etsy.com via Lemay on Pinterest
This one, from Pinterest,
depicts the sweet image
of two little birds.
 
And we haven't even gotten to
what I think is the best part
of these old bits of
history.
 
 
The handwriting, the prose, and the
signatures!
 
Something to cherish for
future generations.

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Isn't that beautiful! We found my husband's aunt's autograph album from years ago. It was fun reading through it! :-)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

They are of such beauty both in words and pictures. I have 3, my Grandmother, Great Grandmother and Great Great Aunts.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love anything like this -- it's hard to believe that people actually had such beautiful handwriting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill - LOVE this book! Just came into possession of a 1915 Swedish music book found mysteriously at church and dropped in my lap since everyone knew I was the only one who could appreciate it.

Just checking in with you remembering our lovely visit last September. Haven't been in Blogland for a month due to school starting and I'm just buried! However, we will be at the Ren Faire on October 6 with the home school field trip I'm organizing since we're studying medieval history. Don't know if you guys might like to come and we might visit on the grounds a bit. Am hoping to post something soon. Just buried in work . . .

Joy!
Kathy