Saturday, January 31, 2009

Vintage Valentine Heart Candy Boxes, Cards, and Aprons

A preview of what is coming up in my "Just Listed" category:

And what do we have here in time for an upcoming special day? Vintage Valentine heart candy boxes! A few gals contacted me and asked to see them before I listed ...here are the pictures:

This one in a hot pink! Oooh la la!


A shiny red one.

I think this one (above) is the oldest one of the bunch...it is marked Martens of Summit, NJ.

Neat millinery flowers and netting on top of this one.

Sorry for the sideways view, I will fix that soon! This one is the largest I have in white with red and lace trim.

And a cute, cute vintage blue gingham apron with a kitten border. The rick rack is actually in the material and not sewn on. This one is also a lot longer than your average apron.
This one is my favorite. A sweet, white, see through apron with gorgeous pink roses...a really interesting pocket that looks like an umbrella. Again, another sideways view. Better pics on the website as soon as I can get them listed! I also picked up a few more. Two have Christmas themes.





Some neat vintage emphemera pieces... birthday cards, some rose postcards (two are C.Klein!), some rose ad cards from the turn of the century, and some valentine's day postcards.



I was asked to find some vintage shakers to use for glitter in craft projects. Voila! Here are two sets.
If you see anything you like, be sure to contact me soon before I send out my "Just Listed" email.
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!




1 comment:

May said...

What a beautiful blog.

I just discovered it by doing a search on bloggers with "Belgium" listed as one of their interests on their profiles.

I have a blog on Belgian royal history, and other topics, at:

crossoflaeken.blogspot.com

You are welcome to visit!