Thursday, July 17, 2008

Vintage Ellen Clapsaddle John Winsch Christmas Postcards

(Sold!)

A few of the items I am listing this week for the Christmas in July Sale are a little more than just fun decorations for the holidays. Some of them, if you look closely, have a lot more than meets the eye.





Like some of the vintage postcards. They were artist drawn originally. Signed by popular names like Ellen Clapsaddle and John Winsch. Who were they and what made them famous?



For Ellen, was it the cute depictions like the one above that won the hearts over of many? How about John Winsch? This is probably why I am in this antique business. I wonder about many of these things as items like these pass through my hands on their way to a collector.



Join me this week as I celebrate Christmas in July at Bella Rosa Antiques! I've just listed all of our inventory with a 30 percent reduction in prices....to help you get a jump start on holiday collecting or decorating!



New today are the artist signed vintage postcards (and a few others) and these Christmas Song books. Stuff you just can't find anymore!



2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

I'm so excited about my order! Can't wait to get everything.

Of course it's not to late to enter my giveaway. It's open unil the end of the month.

Hugs,
Joanne

Katy Noelle said...

Hello, Bella!

I know that you posted this waaaaay back in 2008. I grew up, every Christmas, playing from the red covered Christmas book, that's pictured here. I, somehow, lost it, when I moved across the country, and have been looking for it since. Do you, by any lucky chance, still happen to have this? (Well, it's worth a try....)

Thanks so much!

Katy Noelle