Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #14 - The Take Down: Vintage Ornaments Galore

Hello and Welcome!
You've landed smack dab into my fourteenth
"Let's Talk Vintage" post.
Stay awhile, and link up!




 
This week I am sharing how my dining room
 table looks after we start taking down the Christmas trees.


 
Ornaments. Everywhere.
 

It's not pretty people.

 
Well, actually, it IS! 

Let's Take a closer look.
 

You can see that some of them are on trays.
I do this so that while I am removing them,
there is less breakage.

The mixture of hues creates some
serious eye candy!
Like sweets from the Sugar Plum Fairy.
 


It has taken a long time to collect these,
I do not want to lose any.
There are some new, mixed in with the old.
 
And this year is a whole new opportunity
to find more vintage!
 

So how about you, what did you do
or find this week that was inspired by vintage?
 
Last week we saw
 

Roselle of Seaside Rose Creations
shared her farmhouse
Valentine sentiments 


 
and Haley of Tuneful Journeys
shared her Christmas Tea with a
couple of mischievous elves!
 
 
 and a Vintage Green
shared some great vintage
booth displays!
 
Now it's your turn: Let's Talk Vintage!




Also linking with:
 Ivy and Elephants "What's It Wednesday"
"Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party"
and Pink Saturday

14 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

actually - it IS pretty. That's a lot of very lovely pastel vintage ornaments. I've none like that. Beeyoutiful!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LOVE all your beautiful ornaments!!!

I have a few myself...

Thanks so much for hosting... I have added your party to my weekly party list...

Hugs,
Deb

Martha's Favorites said...

What beautiful ornaments. I do the same thing, and place them on the tables and trays. I take forever to get things put away. Are you making this a place to sell old ornaments too? Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lovely collection of vintage and not so (although they all look vintage) ornaments. A treat to see them together. Thank you for featuring my dart board vignette today, a treat. Thank you for hosting Lets Talk Vintage no. 14A pleasure to join in.
Joy

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Wonderful vintage ornaments! I do luv them - gave boxes of them to each of my niece and niece-in-laws
for Christmas and they were a hit ")

Today I posted a vintage tea time - hadn't done one in waaay too long, so found some camera batteries, played around with some fave rosy china and voila! Vintage Tea Time!
Come for Tea...?

My thrift store addiction said...

Your vintage ornaments are gorgeous! Mine filled up a large Samsonite suitcase, but can one really have too many?! Blessings, Cecilia

Diana said...

Your ornaments are just gorgeous! Love all your beautiful photographs of them. Thanks for hosting :)

Deanies Stash said...

Your ornaments are serious eye candy! They are gorgeous. I confess, I still have my tree up as I have had no time to take it down. I hope to get all the Christmas put away by the weekend! Have a great week!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Wow Jillian, you have so many wonderful Vintage ornaments! Thanks so much for hosting and have a great week!
Gina

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

That is some very serious eye candy. Love, love it!! Happy to be joining in the fun. Now off to visit!
hugs,
Jan

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow, that's a lot of vintage! I love ornaments, too. You have so many fabulous ones! Thanks so much for hosting. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Patti

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

That is a lot of sweet candy eye. They are great I have a few nothing like you .I only do one tree. You are so right they break easy. What day is your Vintage post?
HPS
Laura

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

I agree... It IS a pretty site! I've been making vintage ornament wreaths, and I am totally smitten (aka obsessed) with these old beauties. Wonderful collection you have. :-)

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

I agree... It IS a pretty site! I've been making vintage ornament wreaths, and I am totally smitten (aka obsessed) with these old beauties. Wonderful collection you have. :-)