Monday, January 31, 2011

Second Chance Tuesday - Vintage Autograph Books



Welcome to Second Chance Tuesday! Today I'm showing one of my favorite vintage things to find: an old autograph book.

The old hand writing and vintage sentiments are so much fun to read. I just found this book from 1940 and alas, it has sold already before I could write my post about it...but luckily I took pictures of what I considered the best sayings.



It says:
May 15, 1940
Dear Shirley,

May your life be as bright
As the electric lights
And your friends as true
As the red, white, and blue.
Your friend,
Doris

I love it!

If you'd like to join today's SCT linky party .... see the Mr. Linky below:



5 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

'as bright as the electric lights?' That's funny. My one and only autograph book has very few writings inside - but it's still neat looking.

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
The sayings in those old autograph books were so cute and innocent. I love to find books based on old diaries too. Good Second Chance today!

Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Victorian1885 said...

Wonderful treasure!

MJ said...

One of my sisters had a book suggesting poems suitable for autograph books. Here's a newer one for you:

Grandma has a habit
of chewing in her sleep
She chews on Grandpa's whiskers
and thinks it shredded wheat.