Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage! #54: Road Trippin' Through Fall

 
 
Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
 
This is the link party for vintage
aficionados, gurus, OCD's,
experts, and well, just plain old
vintage lovers. If you think you are
one of the above, then you've stopped
at the right place. If you think you are all
of the above, well then, I think you
should start your own linky party.
 
 
Without further ado, I will get right
to our road trip in the mountains. It was
beautiful Fall weather. We were
there just at the peak of the leaf
changing season. It was awesome!
 
 
We decided to hit a festival.
 
There were all kinds of
hand made items.
 

Would you believe I saw these awesome,
hand crafted Nutcrackers a couple of weeks
after the big birthday party of the same theme?
 
I was astounded by the craftsmanship.
Then I was astounded by the price.
We are so used to the mass produced,
imported things, made in China
that when actually faced with purchasing
something made by an artisan, we
have to walk away and "think about it."
 
At least I did!
 
 

I thought this gal's booth was filled
with awesome vintage goodness....
 
 
Bebe stopped to play with these old fashioned toys,
made new from wood, by a local artisan. I waited
for her to ask me to buy one, but she didn't.
 
 
After the festival we decided to check
out the town and ran into a museum
at the train station.
 
 
This small town of North Creek has
a bit of fame it turns out.
Then Vice President, Teddy Roosevelt,
 was hiking up the mountain
when he found out he had
just become President of the
United States.
 
The tour guide goes through
the story of how a driver
was sent to go get him
 and all that they went through,
not to mention the fact that
 Teddy had no idea
what was going on yet!
 
 

You can't have a museum in the Adirondacks,
without showing some antique skis and snow shoes.
 
 
I love it when museum curators
 "re-create" the scene and set
 up realistic looking rooms.
This is what the train station ticket
office may have looked like.
 
Minus the face-less conductor, of course.




Then there were these other neat
treasures that I just KNEW
you all would like.
 
 
 
This would be fun to create.
 

 
The Hubs and I had never seen
 these "date" nails before.

 
 
 
 
 And I loved this vintage trophy,
curious about what "Saks Fifth Ave"
and downhill skiing...have in
common. Maybe ski wear!
 
Anyway, hope you enjoyed
coming along with me on
my Fall road trip! 
 
___________________
 
Here are this week's features:
 
 
 
created this wonderful table runner
out of.... get this.... flannel shirts!
Love the warmth and coziness
they bring!
 
 
and Ann Marie of Musings of
some of her own craftiness
and repurposing skills.
 
 
Janice from Curtains in My Tree
also shared some of her
vintage creative flair ...
Love her wall frame art!
 
 
Meanwhile, Melissa of Melissa's
Antiques was in wedding
crunch mode.
She was decorating
her own tables with
vintage treasures!
Let's give Melissa a
big hearty
LTV Congratulations!!!
 
 
Remember, if your post
was featured, right click
on this LTV feature button
and place it on your
 blog side bar.
Now it's your turn.
Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 
 





Linking to:
Show and Share

20 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Ooh, Jill, love your trip! Those key necklaces were a really good price, and I am ALWAYS so drawn to vintage sports equipment - love those snowshoes. THanks for taking us along, and for hosting us too!
Rita

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Loved seeing the photos from your trip and those nutcrackers are stunning!!

Thanks so much for hosting!! Great features too!!

Hugs,
Deb

Melissa said...

Thanks for the shout out, Jillian!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 53. Have a great week.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Jill, thanks for taking me along on your trip in the Adirondacks. I would love to visit. Thank you for hosting and for your support. sb

Curtains in My Tree said...


Thank you so much for featuring my Red Wall art

How fun to read alone on your trip

Janice

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill, thanks for taking us along on your fun trip. The perfect time of year for a road trip.
Interesting museum, I like it too when they stage a room to look as it would have been back then.
Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful week,
Gina

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting and for sharing such a great trip. Travelling in the fall is so much fun!

Diana said...

Hi Jillian--my father grew up in North Creek and I spent loads of time there with my dear grandmother. We skied, hiked, inner tubed, fished, and camped there throughout my entire childhood and young adult years. The story about Teddy Roosevelt is one my father and grandmother often told us--it's a good one. We still have a place in North River, just north of North Creek (my, that's a lot of "norths"). Thanks so much for hosting and for telling us all about your lovely time in one of my favorite towns :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

How awesome to have spent your growing up years there! It was a wonderful little town, we liked it a lot!

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Look like a wonderful road trip! Thanks for sharing it and thanks for hosting!

Deanies Stash said...

Loved the photos of your road trip!

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, loved your photos! Thank you for hosting! Blessings, Cecilia

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That looks like such a fun day! I had never heard the story about Teddy Roosevelt or had seen the numbered nails before...thanks for sharing!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love a good festival especially this time of the year. I don't know about you, but I always want to buy the stuff I see in museums. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing road trip! Hugs

Tea in the Library said...

Nice post. Very enjoyable.

RobinfromCA said...

What fun things! One of these days I'll link up to your wonderful party - when I get organized. I miss going to visit my daughter in Virginia during the fall months with all of the beautiful colors. But, they are in Texas now so I'm learning a new landscape!
Robin

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Jill, thank you for sharing at the Vintage Charm party.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Loved those vintage pieces!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann