Thursday, August 13, 2009

REVAMP IT!

When I saw this challenge on Natasha's blog...I just knew I had to try it. It seemed like a lot of fun.

The challenge is to take a piece of vintage clothing or shoes, accessories (the possibilities were endless!) and give it a bit of a new look using your imagination.




Since I love vintage HOLLYWOOD style glam, I decided to use this lovely vintage dress and jacket set. (Purchased from an antique store that was going out of business for 1.00)

Although stunning already, I thought it could use a little, well, you know... REVAMPING!

This is the dress. Just your basic sheath, zipper in the back.

The top or jacket with the feathery cuffs really makes the outfit. Note the bow in front. But, still, it could use a little something extra.

Here is what I found in my vintage stash to revamp it with. A broken 4 strand necklace, some rhinestone bling earrings, pins, and one of my old dancing costume pieces.


The dress was vintage so I knew I had to keep the theme going. I gathered my supplies and went to work.


Instead of repairing the necklace and wearing it as a necklace, I decided to sew it onto the jacket and have the jewelry become part of the outfit.


The bow received a pick me up when I added this rhinestone pin.


The sequin trim from my old dance costume became a tie which instantly gave the dress a vintage feel... somewhere from the 1920's - 40's era.



The matching rhinestone earrings give the shoulders a bit of an epaulet lift, too.



Here is the outfit without the additional "epaulets." I think less was more so I took them off.
Thanks for checking out my REVAMP it!

To check out more revamped items (could be more than just clothes! I can't wait to see what the others have done!) go to Natasha's blog, here.









19 comments:

BellaRosa said...

Hi Jillian, I really like your blog. I found you by accident, your name caught my attention :) It is like mine (well - the Antiques) I thought it was so neat to find another blog with the same name that I had to check it out and I am so glad I did~ You have a beautiful blog, I love all your great finds. I am rather new to blogging but as soon as I figure out how to "follow" a blog I will do that with yours :)Good luck on finding many more treasures. Rose or Rosa which ever you prefer :)

Unknown said...

I think it looks great! You really stayed with the vintage feel of the dress--just improved it!

Winchester Manor said...

Oh Jillian...fabulous job revamping the dress and jacket! Love all of the elements and your attention to detail is fantastic!

Hugs,
Karyn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a lovely revamp!

Lisa said...

So cool! You did a good job!
Hugs, Lisa

Natasha Burns said...

Looks wonderful Jillian! I love how you have enhanced it and stayed true to the pieces, but made them more beautiful!!! Thanks so much for joining in!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

This is a lovely transformation!! Blessings.

Marina Capano said...

Wow! I love it! what a fantastic idea!

xoxo

Lori said...

what a great makeover...you kept the bones of your original piece but elevated the entire thing with the little bits of sparkle and bling!!!

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Love your make over, staying simple and elegant.

Hugs
Kirstie.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

G L A M O R O U S !!

Where's my glass of champagne??

Not to mention the red carpet ...

Stunning, Jillian!

xo
Jill

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Amazing what life you gave the piece, it has so much more character now - great job!
Laura

LiLi M. said...

Hello there! Why don't I ever find a dress like that for that prize? These pieces don't need much as you said yourself. I like the foofed up version though.
Nice to meet you, while I'm here I am going to check your blog. Have a nice weekend!

Alice Regan said...

I love your revamp! It's gorgeous and stunning! I love the detail that you added ...I could certainly see this at an elegant dinner party!

Betty said...

That is a gorgeous revamp. I love how you added your vintage jewelry to your suit to dress it up!

Our Hands For Hope said...

This is so regal looking! I love all the vintage elelments you have added. Great job.
Terisa

roseroomnz.com said...

Fabulous, so glad you didn't cut it up! Rather you just embellished and enhanced it! Rachael:)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Instantly 20's-30's indeed! Love it!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Love what you did to your outfit - you really made it special now!