Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Arrival Sneak Peek #1

Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm back online by using dial-up connection! Yeah!

During my time away from the internet I did a little antiquing and found some goodies. I'm calling this sneak peek #1 because I have to finish taking photos.
These old paper paychecks (I'm guessing) are from the years 1873 and 1875. Most even have the signatures on the back!
Another "Putz" Christmas house. I did receive a question about what PUTZ is. It is a Pennsylvania Dutch term, I discovered! I didn't know it was related to this area. Others may know these houses as a Glitter house.
I thought this was neat and very different! A pin cushion and must have been for laundry as the top reads "LAUNDRY ACCOUNT." Maybe for the serving staff when they did the house owner's laundry? Not sure but it is an oldie but goodie. Just think, you could keep track of your undies with this.
Thank you, these have SOLD!

Some pretty pastel shoe molds or stretchers as some like to call them.

Thank you, this has SOLD!

A vintage biscuit or storage jar. Love the green tin lid. So vintage!

Thank you, this has SOLD!

And an old copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Great illustrations! A great find for either a book collector or a crafter. (Although I hate to think of pages being torn out. Photocopied, maybe?

I'll be back with more. Thanks for staying tuned while I've been MIA with my internet troubles.

Let's hope lightning doesn't strike twice.

3 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Jillian; Those checks are so great, what a find those were, I love to collect old books I have some old school books... glad your computer problem is fixed... have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Jillian,

What a fabulous sneak peak all so beautiful and the checks are amazing! I saw that gorgeous glove box in the side bar and I'm off now to check that out!

Have a fabulous day!!

Gina said...

Those images, oh my, my heart skips a beat. How lovely are your finds! Dreamy in fact : )