Friday, October 16, 2015

Thinking Pink #10: Finding Pink in the Adirondacks

 
Hello and welcome to Thinking Pink,
where I share some of
my blushing vintage finds!
 
I just can't help but buy old things
that are pink. It must coded into my DNA.
 
 
This week I am sharing pinky
finds from my trip to the Adirondack
Mountains. It is possible to find
pretty-n-chic things when surrounded
by knotty pine!

All of the finds in the post
are from this little shop.

Minus the table runner.
Found that in my favorite thrift
shop in the woods.

First, let's check out
the ephemera:
 
 

 
This antique 3D pop-up Valentine card was a steal,
but I discovered after I came back from the shop that
it was not perfect. Still, a nice piece
that could be used for different craft purposes,
making new cards, perhaps.
 
 
This calling card was thrown in for free
which makes up for the condition
of the pop up card.
 
 
 
This card isn't perfect either but
the inside sentiment makes up for it.
I am always amazed if they are in
good condition at all. Not sure how
well I'd be holding up, 100+ years later!

 
This biscuit jar is pretty and is
really unique, with Asian styling.
Same antique shop.


I could not pass up this little marmalade
or condiment jar. Too sweet.


A shabby cameo... thinking I may
have to use this in a craft or with
other shabby jewelry. As a stand
alone listing, I don't think it
would be worth it. What do
you think?
 


A teacup is always admired...
especially with pink roses.
 
The table runner was found
at my favorite thrift shop
in the woods.
 
 
 
And while we are talking pink,
I am sharing another costume
from the dance studio as they
are working on fittings for the
upcoming Nutcracker performance.
Is this beautiful or what?
 
Hope you enjoyed
my pink treasures as
much as I enjoyed
finding them.
 
Enjoy the weekend!
 
Linking with:
 

7 comments:

sandy said...

Such pretty pink finds! Love the antique card! It is amazing that paper items can last so long!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Gorgeous pinks!! I think the pinks are just waiting for you....I hardly ever see pink items while thrifting!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

So much lovely pink goodness.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Jillian. I am so loving all of your great finds. Thank you for sharing them with us for Pink Saturday.

This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Always a pleasure to have you share at the Vintage Charm party.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

It is always a pleasure for you to share at the Vintage Charm party.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Pretty pinks Jillian. My favorite has to be the marmalade jar! Love the cards also, and yes; that costume is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann