Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Second Chance Tuesday #16 - A Summer Reverie

Welcome to Bella Rosa Antiques, home to Second Chance Tuesday. This is where you get a chance to see something, write about something, repurpose something, or give something a second chance. The possibilities are endless!
It is mid January and I've got the winter blues already. Bad. So today I am giving "Summer at the Beach" a second thought....
First, the following items are from my shop which remind me of the beach:
Little paper umbrellas and some fruit smoothies while sitting in my beach chair with a good book. I'll trade these heavy sweaters and big 'ol slippers I'm wearing in an instant.
Summer and fourth of July go hand in hand.
I'll take the heat about now thank you!

I can see these vintage paper lanterns swaying in the breeze off of my beautiful deck overlooking the beach and crashing waves. Did I mention I was a dreamer? So far I have the lanterns.
Pop open a cold beverage (in this case Sarsaparilla) while overlooking that beach and crashing waves. Throw a burger on the grill for me, will ya?
This little cutie is quite old but brings back some memories for me... I worked for a game show in 1990 located in Atlantic City called "Trump Card." And no, I did not meet the Donald.
And now for the second part of my SCT... reliving some fun moments while vacationing last summer with my familiy:

Ahhhhh! The epitome of summer... lifeguard stand with row boat.
Someone pinch me...I think there's snow and sleet outside right now.
We had such a great time taking family pics out in the sand... shhhh! Don't tell the hubs he is being shown on the blog. He hasn't read my blog in ages so what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
Nephew and Neice in a great shot taken by my Dear Hubs. We hired the boat to go floating by at just the right time... ha!


Bebe was playing "Peek a boo!"


Well I don't know about you but I'm feeling warmer already. Only four or five months to go and I'll actually be here taking in the sunset!

If you'd like to join Second Chance Tuesday here is a Mr. Linky to make it easy for you:



4 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

We have a favorite beach to go to too. And...we are missing it! LOL
Sherry

MJ said...

Those family photos are wonderful! I look forward to a reprieve from this weather too!

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Thanks for a walk down last summer's memory lane! We did have a good time, too. I'm having a blog block right now so I have to get myself back into it.


Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You should have joined up for today's SCT and relived the memory with me, Ms. Daisy. Afterall, you're the Gramma in the picture!
:0)