Monday, March 17, 2014

Minnie and Me: A Sweet St. Patrick's Day Story

Today is my "bestest bud in the whole world's" birthday. 
(My hubby will be jealous.)



My Minnie Cat.
 
Today she is 18. That is pretty old for a cat.

 
Here she was as a tiny pipsqueak.
I went to a humane society and picked
 the liveliest one out of the litter.
The rest of her "siblings" were all black and she
was trampling all over them.
 

 
Minnie is a very persistent cat.
When I was single she used to run
along my vertical blinds in my bedroom
to try and wake me up
and get some food in her bowl.
 

 
She also likes to sit so refined
and she has very silky fur.



 
This is one of my favorite photos of her.


This is a photo of me from well, about
twelve years ago!
 
So, that is it for this St. Patrick's Day.
Nothing to sell.
No green perfume bottles, lucky hats,
or vintage blarney stone gadgets.
 
Just Minnie and Me.

2 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Birthday Minnie! You are both beautiful!
My childhood cat lived to be 23 so I am hoping your Minnie has allot more years with your loving family. Have a great week Jillian!

Wanda

The Old Parsonage said...

Well she's a beauty! So glad that she's still going strong. Cats are wonderful company. Our Alley is sitting with me now:)

BTW - Love that photo of you - you look like you've got Irish in you!

Leann