Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #84: Cupboard Door Turned Kitchen Menu & Grocery Chalkboard


 Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!

 
 
This is a pretty informal linky party.
No hoops to jump through, no
rules really either.
All you have to do is link up with
something vintage! Even if you just
sell stuff.
 
*****************
This week I am sharing my latest project...
but sad to say there are no "before" or "during"
photos! We are getting pieces ready for the
shop so quickly that I forget to take a picture.
 
I had a large cupboard door that we
found at the local Habitat for Humanity
Re-Store but I didn't know what to do with it.
Actually, we found two of them and
were stumped on what to create.
 
Make a small table? Coffee table?
What. Can We Do. With. It.??????
 
After thinking about it for awhile, I came
up with this:


 
A double panel chalkboard menu/grocery list!

I was really excited once I thought of it.
 
And frankly, this has probably already been
done and can be found on Pinterest...
but I was proud of myself! LOL!
 
We even left the hinges on and they
worked out perfectly as a way to
hang the new "board" on the wall!
 
 
 
 
I like it so much I wish I had room for one in my kitchen!
But alas, no such space to be found.
Someone will have a big wall to hang it on...
and it is in the shop now.
 
 
The other project I was working on in the
shop last week was setting up a patriotic
display as soon as you walk in the door.
 
Love the red, white, and blue!
We just came back from our lake house
in the Adirondacks and I brought back a
vintage flag that I have since
draped over the chair.
 
 
and speaking of the lake...
We had to head up there earlier
than our usual Memorial Day
weekend. It. Was. Cold.
Poor hubby had to put the dock
in and the water was p-r-e-t-t-y chilly.
 
But it was worth it because Bebe
was having fun with her Daddy
catching fish.

And thankfully my shop-mate,
Kathy, was running the store!
 
Thanks so much for coming along
with my adventures!
 
Let's get to this week's features:


The LTV favorite of the week
was this awesome vinyl record
two tiered tidbit tray by
Lynda Creates!
So clever and fun for
a themed party or kids snack.


Cecilia of My Thrift Store
Addiction also wowed us
with her herb and garden
themed shop. She is mighty
talented!


 Joy at a Vintage Green
showed us her wonderful
treasure... and how she
transformed it BACK
into its original design.


and Oh my word! Look at this
fun yard sale Emergency kit put
together by Sarah of Sadie  
Seasongoods! Perfect idea
for an old lunch box! Because
we always have an emergency
when yard sale-ing!

 
 
 
 
Be sure to grab this feature button
 if you have been featured for LTV!



Linking with:
Vintage Charm
 
 
 

8 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting !!
I love how your shop looks and how you transformed that piece..
Wonderful features too!!
Hugs,
Deb

Marcie Lovett said...

Love that cabinet door chalkboard!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you so much for hosting. I really have enjoyed many of the links this week. HAve a wonderful day! Jo

My thrift store addiction said...

Jillian, LOVE the menu and grocery chalkboard ~ such a clever idea! Thank you for the feature! Blessings, Cecilia

Diana said...

OMGoodness! I love the chalkboard. I have a couple of two paneled doors that I'm thinking this might work for...thanks so much for the party, Jill :)

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, love your chalkboard/menu board. It turned out great. It was fun seeing some photos of the lake. Thank you for taking the time in your busy life to host each week. We all really appreciate it!

xo Dianne

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your chalkboard menu is fabulous!! Great idea! Sorry for the double post...the server came back twice that it failed. Not sure how to delete the second one. Thanks for hosting every week!

Lauren at Wonderfully Made said...

I love that idea! I am doing a poor man's reno on our kitchen and am toying with doing this on one of the cupboards. Thanks for hosting!