Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #83: The Big Grand Opening & an Annie Sloan Chalk Painted Secretary Desk

 
Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
 
If you're new to the party, we want to
give you a big LTV welcome!
 
Feel free to join in and link up your
blog posts about vintage items you love,
collect, use in projects you are working on,
or are inspired by. You can even
link up items you sell, as long as they
are vintage or are made with vintage items.


 
This week I am sharing the big Grand Opening
celebration of my new brick and mortar shop,
 
Think my sign made it clear enough what
was happening? I really had no idea
 the banners were that big when I ordered
them online. But, people were coming in
saying they saw the sign from the road!
 
That works for me!
 
 

We also had a social media contest.
Customers were to take their photo with 
their favorite item and then post it
on Instagram or Facebook...tagging us
of course. Names were drawn
out of a hat, with two winners
each receiving a basket.
 
I did my basket with
a "Two for Tea" theme while my shop mate,
Kathy, did a "Tisket a Tasket, a Picnic
in a Basket" theme.
 
 
 
Here is our table full of yummy snacks and treats.
 

I gave customers some Mother's Day gift ideas, too.
 
I enjoy setting up displays with themes...
this week I'll be setting up a patriotic theme.
 
 
 
And this pretty little gal is new to the shop
and one of my favorite pieces we have
had in the shop so far.
 
I decided to try Annie Sloan chalk paint.
 
A beautiful French pink paired with a sweet cream.
 


 
The paint is really smooth and silky and
when combined with the wax you get a
super sheen, plus added protection.
 
I'd be curious to hear if any of you have
tried the AS paint... and what do you
think of it?
 
Thanks so much for reading along
with my adventures in the shop
process... always something
new and exciting going on!
 
 
Now for this week's features:
 
 
shared her pink peonies, one
of my favorite flowers!
 
 
shared a fun post about Lilies
of the Valley and I learned
something new about them!
 
 
and continuing a similar theme,
Amy over at Amykins blog,
A Day of Small Things,
shared some beautiful May Day
baskets filled with gorgeous
blossoms.
 
Thanks so much for all of
your awesome posts!
 
 Be sure to copy and paste this
"My Blog Was Featured"
button and use it on your blog
post or on your side bar.
 
I'll be linking to:
Vintage Charm
Pink Saturday
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature...I am beyond thrilled. Hoping to road trip this summer to your area...and I will be able to visit your shop!

Diana said...

The shop looks FANTASTIC Jill--you must be so excited. Thanks for throwing your party in the midst of all the hoopla :)

My thrift store addiction said...

Jillian, everything looks just fabulous in your new shop! Thank you for the party!

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jillian

Thank you for the feature and hosting. The Annie Sloan painted desk is gorgeous and I love pink. The shop looks great.

Debby

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

The shop looks fantastic!! Congrats on the Grand Opening!! Thanks so much for hosting each week!!

Hugs.
Deb

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 83 and sharing more of your Grand Opening. Wonderful.
Joy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jillian, Your grand opening looked like it was a fun time, so excited for you!
Thanks so much for featuring my Lily of the Valley post, so glad you learned something new from it. :)
Have a great rest of your week,
Gina

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, I sure wish your shop was closer! It looks awesome. Thank you for hosting.

xo Dianne

Debra said...

I would love to visit your shop in person. You have some lovely pieces.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh you are living my dream!! How exciting -- can't believe it was already opening day -- it all looks so beautiful. Congratulations! I love AS Chalk Paint -- it's so fun to work with. You did a great job on the desk.