Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #82: And the beat goes on... Plus a Shop Update!

 
I am happy to say that "Let's Talk Vintage!"
continues! The Linky Tools guy is
pretty cool and great to work with.
 
So, now that we are back in business, let's
just stop for a second and remark about
how much fun it was to take part in Melissa's
Top 5 Yard Sale Things Blog Hop over
the weekend! We might even see many
of the posts in today's LTV, I know I'm
going to link up with mine.
 
 
So without further ado, I'm going to share
the latest excitement with the new shop,
Vintage & Co.
 
 
We are having a Grand Opening Celebration
this weekend! The pressure is on to finish
some lingering projects and to decorate,
prepare food, make gift baskets, etc.
 
 
We'll see how it all goes, we even bought
an ad in our local coupon magazine.
 
 
I think we did well in our first few weeks,
being next to a pizzeria really helps.
 
 

 I've enjoyed meeting new people, and of course,
people who love vintage, just like we do.
 
 
Our website is coming along nicely.
Not quite there yet but we're getting
there. My shop-mate, Kathy, has a hubby
who works with web building so it
is not an extra expense. All these
things come into play when starting out.
 
 
Another issue lately is time.
I have much less time than I did before!
So, I have watermarked
all of my photos with Vintage & Co.
so that I'll have ready to use
photos for the new web page.
 I'm learning to take short-cuts
when I can. It is all a learning curve!
 
 
It has been a lot more stressful than I
thought it would be, but the results
have been amazing. I do give the glory
to God for everything. He knows the
desires of my heart. I look at how we
got here and see so many wonderful
things from the location to the
customers... real blessings!
 
Thank you so much for your
support, the blog community is
so encouraging!
 
Now, here are this week's features:
 
 
This week I'm giving a shout
out to Ann Marie of Musings of
"spreading her wings" and
started an antique booth.
Congrats on your new
adventure!
 
 
and Heidi of My Sweet Cottage shared
her Peony experiment. She gives
couple of tips on how to go bug-less
and how to time the blossoms!!
 
 
shared five tips to have your best
yard sale ever. A great fit for this
time of year!
 
 
 
Be sure to grab this "My blog was featured"
button for your post or you side bar.
 
 
Thank you all so much for participating,
even with my "LTV Doomsday"
message last week! We're still
here and so happy to have you
join in.
 
 Joining in with:

8 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
The shop looks great and maybe some day, I hope to visit it!!
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Your shop looks great, hope you continue to show Vintage & Co. when you blog. Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage82, so happy you can continue.
Joy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So excited for you for the upcoming Open House! Your new shop looks great!! That will be my next step after having a booth....a little at a time! Thanks so much for featuring my new booth here. So excited. I think I sold a few things at the open house last weekend. Anything is good!

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, congrats on the store. I enjoy seeing the photos of the shop. I know if I was close it would be a favorite of mine. Thank you so much for taking the time to host this even when you are so busy. I really appreciate it when bloggers give God the glory. It is great to see how God works in our lives.

xo Dianne

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jillian, how exciting for you! The place looks great! I know you are living your dream now! Yes, to God be the glory in all things! :)
Thanks so much for hosting and have a great week! Happy May!
Gina

Diana said...

The shop looks fabulous Jill! I'm not surprised at all that things are going so well for you guys :) Thanks for the party in the midst of all you have going on--

Pat @ bringingfrenchcountryhome said...

Thanks for featuring my yard sale post and best of luck with the new shop (I love that rock wall and everything looks perfect.)

Sam - Raggedy Bits said...

Thank you so much for hosting Jillian! A big congratulations on your shop. I'm so thrilled that it's all going so well for well. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead :-)