Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Connecting with Vintage, Even at Church

This month my church is doing a series called "Faith at Work."

When I first heard it I thought, well that leaves me out. After all, I am a stay at home, work at home Mom. I don't have a workplace.


But then it occurred to me, staring at all of the vintage displays up on the stage... wait a minute, I work with vintage, I meet lots of people, and I do have a way to share my faith, it's called my blog!

It is helping me take a closer look at how I am reflecting my spiritual views, values, etc.

Am I afraid to talk about it? Sometimes yes, I admit it.

What if I offend someone? Will I lose followers? Or maybe I'm afraid someone might think "She is a Jesus Freak!"  Then of course, my shop will fail and I ultimately, will fail.

 
But if my faith is firm, which I know it is, then I also know that God does provide. He's got this! My shop will not fail because I am Christian. I won't fail because I am Christian.  

I've actually been praying for direction on what to do for a job. Should I keep working with antiques? Do I head back toward the professional world? TV? As Bebe enters school with a full time schedule next year, I will have more time on my hands.





After experiencing God's work in my life before, I know without a doubt, He is true, He is just, He is faithful. 

I will be patient.

So, here I am, connecting, growing, and serving.

I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Now how about three cheers for the staff in putting together these cool vintage displays????


3 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray! Things will fall into place for you just the way they are meant too... Blessing to you and your sweet Bebe!

Wanda

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I want to shop at your church! There are some awesome vintage things there! That is quite a decision to have to make. I am fortunate that even though my youngest is in school all day (high school) I can still stay home and do my vintage thing. There is so much flexibility in my schedule and my husband wants me home for my son still...he's 15. He is home sick today and although I have to miss my bible study, I can still do my 24/7 "job"....selling vintage on Etsy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! Loved every word and image and would love to be sharing fellowship with you at your church for this series!!

Oh! I'd love to spend some time with you when you visit the area in a couple weeks. Let me know when and maybe we can plan a thrifting adventure - if you have that much time . . .

BTW - I am sharing this on FB - it's just what I've been talking about!! No distinction between sacred and secular - God is in us and we take Him into every facet of our lives - especially our work - our calling.

I want to know all about your ideas going forward. God has a call on your life. Be ye ready to do great things!

Joy!
Kathy