Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Best Finds of the Year: Whiting & Davis Dresden Mesh Purse & More!

My best finds of the year, seriously.
But it's only April.
So I know I will find more!

There are a few favorites of mine this week.
Can you guess which ones?
As I'm typing this, one just sold already.

The pink ornaments below?

 How'd you guess?
You know me so well already!

Or how about these German and Austrian postcards highlighting
blue violets?

No it must be this antique German mesh purse.
GAW-GEOUS!

Or a sparkling aurora borealis crystal necklace....

Pink Lustre is one of my favs to collect...

And just seeing these old Bobbsey Twins books brings back memories of
my childhood...many a summer I could be found
with a copy of the BT in my hot little hands.
My favorite cobbler shoe forms are the tiny baby or child sized forms.
There is a "pair" here! Even better!
More vintage jewelry...


This clutch purse is beautiful.
From the wonderful construction of the bag to the carved ivory handles.
A lovely art deco styled Mother of Pearl brooch
Sweet!

And speaking of sweet, a pretty antique china bowl for your candies
An old Charles Dickens book....Stories of Christmas Time

Vintage game pieces from BINGO and FLINCH


Rose pendant
More roses surround this lovely lustre pitcher

Who am I kidding? I think they're all great!
But THIS.
This antique "Dresden" mesh purse by Whiting & Davis, with the single pink rose.
Ahhhhhh!

Definitely my favorite this week.

Thanks for looking with me!
Check out the rest here.

4 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

They are all gaw-geous! I do love that little purse. The bingo pieces are pretty awesome too!

Unknown said...

Those pink ornaments are killer! I've never seen any like them before.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Your finds are amazing, but how is your cat doing? Is she better today? Just checking in :)

blessings,
karianne

dana said...

HPS, Jillian!! I love your fabulous finds!! You are on a "treasure hunting roll"!!! The Bobbsey Twins.....my sis and I also spent the summers reading and re-reading those books!! I believe my niece now has them!! :)

Hope all is well with you and yours.

L, Dana