Friday, April 20, 2012

A Little Romance, A Little Business, A Little Housekeeping

Getting a little housekeeping done here today....
and I don't mean the kind that requires AJAX although it is badly needed!

Taking care of some needed posts and combining them into one:

First, an update on kitty!

Here is my sweet Sissy cat when she was just a wee baby,
ten years ago.

Let me hear a collective "Awwwwwwwww!"

 Here she is, a grown up, "big girl"
We took her to the vet today to have her stitches out.
About a week ago or so she had surgery for a very bad laceration
to her back foot. There was a nasty stray cat who attacked her so no more going outside for Miss Sissy.

The vet was thrilled with how it was healing and said "it has healed better than it had the right to heal!" I think he impressed himself!

Either way, I am impressed and so happy she is better.
Thank you for all of the wonderful and kind words of cheer
you sent to me!



And for a little romance this week I was thrilled to see
my new ad in Romantic Homes Magazine!

Look at all of these other shops,
led by creative and bright women

I feel honored to share the page with them! 



Thank you to Erica of Meadow Street for creating this ad template
for me. I get to replace the picture each time with whatever I want.


Here are some of my latest finds... some with pink and some
with a bit of an Industrial touch.
I just added a new category for those items
that are a bit metal and a bit rusty.







Hope you have a super weekend!
Now, to get to the house cleaning...


Linking to Pink Saturday!

13 comments:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I am so glad your Sissy is doing better and that she will not be going outside anymore....she may not be too thrilled with that, though!

Your ad is so pretty, I saw it in my Romantic Homes. Erica always has beautiful ads!
Love all your pretties, but those two darling china jars took my fancy!
HPS!
♥ Jil

DearHelenHartman said...

Congrats on the ad, hope it brings you lots of customers. Sissy cat is precious and your blog is charming. Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ad being in the magazine! Your little Sissy is so cute and I'm glad to hear she's healing well.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Light and Voices said...

Glad Sissy is on the mend. Poor kitty.
Joyce M

Natasha Burns said...

Love your new finds!
Your ad looks great!!
And awwwww hello to your sweet kitty Sissy, glad she is recovering well! x

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

i am so so happy that little sissy is doing so much better! she is precious beyond words!

congrats on your new ad -- may it bring you tons and tons of sales!!!!

your blog is beautiful! everything you do is just fabulous!

sending hugs and BIG BIG kitty hugs from us all to Sissy!!!

LV said...

A very nice assortment of goodies on your post today. Happy you kitty is healing so good. I never had a kitty, just dogs.

Heather said...

Adorable kitty :0) So glad that little Sissy is doing better :0).
Congrats on your add in the magazine!! That is fabulous!!
TFS, and Happy Pink Saturday!!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

YES! Wish you were there at that estate sale! It was out on Wheat Road right next to Coia's Nursery. I saw A LOT of things you would have loved. Got some nice stuff and am looking forward to future posts featuring them.

LOVE you recent finds - and the Industrial Revolution is a hoot - American Pickers, anyone??

Now, about the violet cup and saucer - it totally is from the same set that my Lily of the Valley Shelley piece is from and I'm wondering if I ought to add it to my collection . . .

I'll be browsing the shop in a bit . . .

Joy!
Kathy

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love your pink this week. So pretty!

My PINK..., have a great weekend!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

AWL!!!

She was the sweetest kitten!

Glad she is healing up.

Romeo the Kitty here says "Meow and please get well meow!" to her.

He also says "If I were there to protect you, meow growl, you would never have gotten hurt!"

Rom is a stay inside kitty too, he understands...poor girl.

Pets and love to your kitty.

GRATS on your ad - love your stuff, best successes to you!!

sweetvintageofmine said...

First time visiting your blog and it's absolutely LOVELY! I've become a follower and will be checking back soon. Also, glad your kitty is well! My cat LUCY was attacked Fri. right at our house by a stray cat! All is well with her...she lost some hair, had a slight limp, and was scared. I'm sure your business will be successful! From one sweetie to another....Roxie

roseroomnz.com said...

I did say awwwwwww, what a gorgeous little ball of fluff she was! Your ad looks amazing, and your treasures as always are totally divine! Off to catch up on about 14 of your posts before I cook something out of my new cookbook! And have a glass of wine! Rachael xo