Friday, April 27, 2012

Little House on the Lake






I've been thinking about lakes and lake houses for the past few months.
We are very close to getting one.

Should we paint it pink like this sweet little cottage?

My husband would say "uh, probably not!"
While I may not get to paint it my favorite color
I have been looking on Pinterest for
decorating ideas.
Here are a few of my favorites so far:




Just look at the homemade bunting...
the blue porch swing, pillows and the white wicker!





There is an attic bedroom perfect for the kids.
I am on the hunt for matching twin beds.
Everytime we find them on craigslist they're sold
before we can get them.
I'm sure a little patience will pay off.

Source: theinspiredroom.net via Jillian's Bella on Pinterest

OR maybe red?
Minus the gigantic fish.

This is also charming!
The vintage ribbons and trophies
 really give it a cottage feel.


Pretty soon I will do a post about the
lake house we've found.
I've been waiting to see
if it all goes through...

For now I am "pretend" decorating
and loving every minute of it!

Linking to a Patriotic Link Party here.

Linking to Pink Saturday.
Enjoy your weekend!

17 comments:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Such pretty rooms. I had the pink cottage on one of my Pinterest boards. I do miss being on Pinterest and keep thinking of going back!
♥ Jil

Holly said...

I remember seeing that home on Pinterest. I think I saved it on my "pink" board. =0) I'm getting that creative urge too!
Happy Pink Saturday!

LV said...

I am sure you will find what you like on the lake, but this is a darling one you shared. I like it even in pink.

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Love that porch swing...all I need is a porch to go with it lol.
HPS
Michelle

Cranberry Morning said...

Fun to dream and plan! Love that little attic bedroom. So pretty. All that white! Found you on Lavender Dreamer. I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll stop in when you have time and follow me back?

Nancy said...

How exciting! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and the lake house...whatever color it may be! xoxo Nancy

Unknown said...

Oh I love the old painted ladies..she is picture perfect.

Victorian1885 said...

Have fun with your search for a holiday home @ the lake! I have just started on Pinterest and have repined allot of your great shots. I think I may be addicted! I look forward to seeing how you decorate your Lake house. Have a great weekend..

J.Rylie.C said...

So beautiful! Come and join my Color Connection meme too. The linky is at my Pink Dinosaurs entry. Have a lovely weekend!

Eileen said...

Beautiful inspiration photos. I'm absolutely in love with the pink cottage, too. I can't believe I've never come across your blog before. I'm your latest follower and I'm following you on Pinterest, too. Stop by The Pink Home if you get a chance. Happy Pink Saturday!

Nann said...

LOVE the pink cottage on the lake. Wouldn't that just be a dream come true...to live in such a place! And your photos of such charming rooms...I'm dreaming with you. This is my first time at your blog and I just love it. I came here from Pink Saturday and am so glad I did. I am now following you!

Nann
atnannstable.blogspot.com

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Your dream come true it just around the corner - er - lake...

Unknown said...

A lake house! How exciting! I hope it all works out that you'd have the retreat of your dreams!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Chubskulit Rose said...

Such a delight to see gorgeous pink every week, yours are lovely!

My PINK please come and see when you have time. Have a safe and happy weekend!

MJ said...

A pink cottage has your name on it. Dream it and paint it! He'll acquiesce eventually!

The Checkered Apple said...

How exciting to get a lake house! I would be going crazy with all the ideas for decorating it too!

Thanks for stopping by and posting at my Patriotic Link Party and also promoting it too!

Hope fully you will get some great decorating ideas for your new place!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Beautiful and inspiring pictures!

Dee