Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jillian's Top Ten All Time Favorites


My husband and I have come across many antiques in our travels. We buy and sell some...we ooh and ahhh over others.

Then there are those I look back and think: "Maybe I should have kept THAT." Here are my favorites, sold in my
Bella Rosa store ...and not in any certain order.


Pink prom dress... too sweet! I wish I had my own brick and mortar store to display this in. It is the kind you would put in the front window!

This was a French art book... basically a dictionary of French terms used by people who studied art. I joked that it may have been used by Degas or Monet...as it came from the Frick Museum!





This mother of pearl writing pen was soooo pretty and it came


with this lovely red velvet box.


This autograph book was GORGEOUS!

Very very old and I loved reading the poetry.



This tri fold mirror was so glamorous! Loved it!




I had never come across one of these before....a Souvenir of FRANCE silk apron. SILK! France! Apron! Did none of this convince me to keep it?

What was I thinking??????


Pink. Frilly. Fan. Beautiful! Let it go too....


Souvenir of France....again, when will I learn?


This was a recent find and it too, was hard to part with.

I even knew the history behind it.







And this little celluloid covered bible...enchanting picture.




Are these sweet or what???



It is all part of seeking out the best and most beautiful vintage things I can find...

and then finding a home for them...I leave up to you.


Fortunately we are in a great area for antiques! Dear Hubby just came home from an auction and found some fabulous old postcards from the early 1900's. We had to mortgage our home to pay for them, but we think they were worth it!

(Yes, I'm kidding! But have you been to an auction lately? Around here, it is tough competition!)


Now the task to do the research on them.

I'll be writing an upcoming post about artist signed postcards this week.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend~


PS. If you were counting (... you'd notice I have eleven things mentioned... I couldn't stop at ten!)

6 comments:

Joyce @ Quilted Nest said...

Beautiful - all of them! I see a theme: French, fancy and feminine. You always pick great 'stuff'.

gail said...

Hi Jillian-There's certain things that I've sold in the past that I just can't let go of, but if I kept it all you would not be able to find me! 30+ years is a long time to collect things without selling them. But there are always those favorites. Yours are all beautiful...that dress...the celluloid bible....the autograph book....I feel your pain!
gail

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
You certainly have collected and sold some beautiful things...but, there is always tomorrow and what is around the next auction corner! :)


Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Claudia said...

What a neat idea for a post. I think it would be so hard to let go of some of these beauties.

I'm thinking about attending an auction today...and you're right, it is so competitive.

xo
Claudia

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

LOL- I do SO know this feeling - seller's regret....I've sold some really great stuff that I keep thinking about to this day. And I just love knowing that my "finds" are scattered all across the US. I'm sort of like a personal shopper I guess. It gets in your blood doesn't it?

Anna Patricia said...

LOL! I can imagine how hard it is to part with these lovely items. They are really pretty, my fave is the folding mirror.