Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dress Form Dilemma

What do you do with a dress form/mannequin that has no bottom?

Well, at first I thought I would try selling it in my booth as is. But no one seemed to be interested in just the top...although I thought it would make a great table top or counter display piece.

After a little creativity...and a little help from Dear Hubs...

She has a new life as a stand up model! We used a curtain rod and an old floor lamp (base) painted silver. I decided to match the industrial style metal in the dress form. She now resides in our antique booth near Hershey, PA.

I think she's enjoying her new outlook on the world. We'll see if she finds a new home.

Just as an extra bit of fun today... see if you can come up with a name for her and we'll track her progress in the days to come!

Second chances are lots of fun! Join in today if you'd like by using the Mr. Linky below.







7 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Your hubby did a great job! Hope it sells soon. I enjoyed your cookie post! For one thing, I love choc chip cookies! My daughter wants to eat the dough. I know it's not health smart but she loves it.
The message in that post was great. One of my favorite scriptures.
Hugs,
Tammy

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I love her! Haven't seen her yet - guess you put her in over the weekend. How much is she going for? Great work on hub's part.

Mari said...

HELLO BELLA~WOW SHE TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL :) YOUR HUBS DID AN AWESOME JOB!!! IN TWO WEEKS ILL BE IN P.A!! WHERE IS YOUR STORE LOCATED??? WHO KNOWS I JUST MIGHT BE ABLE TO STOP BY :)

XO~MARI

ornamentsbypink said...

Great job on the dress form! Thats what i've been looking for. Too bad I'm not closer, oh well...
She looks like a Sadie to me.
Mary

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Great job you two did on that mannequin! She looks like Molly Model to me! LOL! :)



Love,
Ms.Daisymau

MJ said...

She looks too new to me ~ probably circa 1960s? How about Sandy or Barbara (which would have been a popular name in that era)? I think she should model vintage aprons or clothing for your booth. She looks a little naked!

gail said...

Great solution! She looks great as a stand up model. I love those old dress forms, too.
hugs,
gail