Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jillian Goes to a Country Auction

Today we had gorgeous weather .... great day to head to a country auction nearby.







Looking for "new" goodies to add to my shop.



When I walked in the tables were filled and all set to go.






I did spot a few items I wouldn't mind bringing home...




This pretty roses urn...






Oui Oui! I wouldn't mind having this French perfume bottle...






Amazing looking Staffordshire (style?) dogs..




A beautiful beaded collar...



But then I ran into Mr. Stinky here. What. Is. This. I had to laugh. He was making quite a specatcle each time a potential bidder would walk in and check out the prospects. Just wondering if stuffed skunks have become the new collectible!




I actually never stayed long enough to find out how much he went for.






The auction was starting much later than anticpated and I didn't have a whole lot of time as I had a babysitter to watch Dear Bebe. With what time I had left I scoured table after table and brought home a few goodies.



I'll be sharing them on here after I take photos of them tomorrow.



An interesting and fun day ... there's a saying I think for this:




Country auctions are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get!



2 comments:

Angela Harris said...

Oh the perfume bottle..Amazing!! Congratulations on being in Somerset Life! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finds, especially the French perfume bottle, it really is amazing. Also that beaded collar is so unusual and a work of art!!