Monday, January 9, 2012

Now I Know Why...



Now I know why they say patience is a virtue! I have been learning a lot these past few weeks on how to have patience.

The dining room is almost complete. But with the holidays, traveling, family coming in for a belated Christmas celebration, it hasn't been a very quick re-do. We still have more to work on. But instead of worrying about it, I just brush it off and say to myself "It will get done."

Less stress for 2012! So, for now, lets take a look at our progress.  Uh, I mean, hubby's progress. I'm just taking pictures:

This was how the walls looked before.


This is how they look now.
I really like it! For awhile I wasn't sure.
Ever get that feeling?
The "oh no, not sure I can live with that color?" feeling?

I think with a new light fixture and bringing the furniture back in... I am going to LOVE it.
Now the problem is... I think the furniture is going to cover up all of the nice trim work hubby did!

Nice problem to have, I say.

Let me know what you think of the chandelier at the top of this post.
I'm still shopping!


7 comments:

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

OMG, your new redo looks gorgeous, and I love the chandelier. I loved what you said, when you where talking about having so much to do and still more work, but instead of worrying about it, just brush it off and say it will get done. Less stress for 2012, that's my New Years resolution. Can't wait to see when you get everything finished!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
It's going to look fabulous! Can't wait to see it in person.



Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so fabulous! What a difference! That molding is absolutely perfect. BTW....I would love it if you stopped by my blog today and posted this on my "Impossibility" challenge....then we can all see the completed project together!

blessings,
karianne

MJ said...

Good job, dh! You are doing a fabulous job!

Victorian1885 said...

What a great look Jillian it is going to be so elegant!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Your hubby did a fantastic job! I love your walls! And call me crazy but I love the chandy that's in there already. It looks vintage.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Wow!! that looks amazing. When you guys do something - you do it right! Love it.