Monday, April 18, 2011

Antique Opera Glasses



Welcome to Second Chance Tuesday! Today I'd like to show a pair of vintage opera glasses with a beautiful bird design. I have pair that I use on display among my antique book shelves.


But recently I discovered just how helpful they can be! Dear Hubby remembered to grab a pair right before we left for the ballet, Swan Lake. We were in the very last row up in the balcony. At first I giggled and made a face... like really? We don't need those! But who was the one asking for them over and over? Me.


You can find them here on Bella Rosa Antiques.


7 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Very nice..I had some in Mother of Pearl...sounds like you enjoyed the Ballet! Have a good week!

Wanda

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Wanda,
I too have a pair in Mother of Pearl... a wonderful gift passed down from my Grandmother and I think it had been gifted to her from someone else. These, I will not sell as long and will probably pass them down to my Dear Bebe!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jillian

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

The ballet and vintage opera glasses. I can't think of anything more romantic! You're a lucky girl.

gail said...

Hi Jillian-love them, and having them at the ballet-how magical (and yes, I would have done the same thing-things like that always come back to bite me!)
hugs,
gail

MJ said...

Gorgeous opera glasses!

Ms.Daisy said...

Very pretty opera glasses. I wouldn't have thought to bring them to the ballet.


Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Lisa Gatz said...

Those are SO gorgeous, Jillian! wow. Love your blog!