Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things For the Fourth

Every winter my heart yearns for summer.
At long last...it is here!

I never get tired of looking for
red, white, and blue
to decorate for America's favorite
summer holiday.
The 4th!

While I can't remeber where I
found this photo, I found similar fans,
brand new, in a thrift shop this
past spring while shopping with 
Miss Kathy. We will be using them, oh yes! 

(Photo: CountryLiving.com)

I've always wanted to make these
poppers from Country Living
magazine but got tired of
saving the paper towel
and toilet paper tubes!

(Photo: CountryLiving.com)

My pile of ribbons and crepe
paper like this one
 is piling up however!

(Photo: CountryLiving.com)

My attempt at making these
cool rosettes wasn't half bad.
Theirs was just so much better!


What I did succeed in doing
was creating a category in
my shop just for Patriotic
stuff, here.

And this summer will be
very different as I am
decorating our lake house
with a little Americana.

I'll be back with pictures
of our latest updates
and hopefully
some vintage finds along the way...
God Bless the USA and
have a very safe and happy
Fourth of July!

3 comments:

gail said...

Hi Jillian....it all looks so festive and I love your rosettes. Can't wait to see your latest pictures.
gail

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I like the ribbons just as they are in the basket -- you've got a centerpiece without even trying! Happy 4th!

roseroomnz.com said...

love how you celebrate Independance Day and decorate for it, we have an anniversary but don't appreciate it like Americans do! xo