Friday, June 15, 2012

What I Learned From Dad


This is my Dad, in about 1959,
along a lake not too
far from where I grew up

He and my Mother met there
(I'm so glad they did!)

He taught us:

To be practical,
To use common sense.

He desperately wanted my
Sister and I to learn how to
change the oil in our cars.
(I still have to tackle that one)

To have a sense of humor.
(Note the photo above)

He taught me how to throw
a baseball.



How to drive,
how to bait a hook


To turn the lights off.

To appreciate what God
has given us on this Earth

To know when to speak
and when to be quiet.


And to understand that
no matter how much we
may not have wanted to
hear all of those things,
he wanted us to KNOW all of
 those things because  he
loved us.


Happy Father's Day, Dad!


Linking to Pink Saturday!

4 comments:

LV said...

I did not get to have much quality time with my dad. We had to work all the time and then too tried far anything else. In his spare time, he was a hunter and trapper.

blushing rose said...

Lovely photo & tribute, Jillian. We have no pleasant memories of our dad. You are very blessed.
TTFN ~
Happy Pink weekend ~
Marydon

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Good lessons, good memories!


Love,
Ms.Daisymau

thistlewoodfarm said...

Jillian,

Happy Father's Day to you! Your father sounds like an incredible man. You are blessed!

Have a wonderful day!
blessings,
karianne