Friday, March 16, 2012

Rustic Lake House: Perfect Vintage Backdrop

I've seen a lot of lake houses.
Some good, some bad.
This one, despite it's cabin'esque appearance...
has potential!

You can see the house down in the distance.
I tried to imagine all of the snow melted
and the shimmering, sparkling water in the heart of summer.
Come on, you can do it.
I know you can.



 We went inside and on the first floor, while small, it didn't look half bad.
Although the kitchen had no oven.
Where would we cook a turkey on Christmas?


It was when I went upstairs I had my doubts.

 Then I looked up.
I hesitated.
Then I thought....well MAYBE.
Although without any insulation there would be NO WAY
I was going to celebrate a Christmas or a Thanksgving there.

How about this wood stove to keep the 'home fires" burning...

 But the porch....a lovely porch with a beautiful lake view that is....
 had me thinking "AH YES!" again.
Can you picture it without snow and
great decor?
Can you? Can you?

Despite the fact I discovered this was their version of a closet.

With the right ideas, creativity and TLC I really
think this one has great potential.
Especially for two vintage lovers like ourselves.
What a great backdrop.
A blank canvas!

Whether Dear Hubs and I are the ones to do this
is not clear as of yet.
There are still two more we looked at to share with you!

Enjoy the weekend and Happy St. Patty's Day!
(My green is the outside color of the Lake house)



5 comments:

Connie said...

Whooooaaa, sugar, not insulation? I think I'd pass on that one. Beautiful view though.

How is le bebe?? My great granddaughter is growing so fast we can't keep up with her, but she is such a delight to us. We have driven over to Washington about twice in the last 6 months just to kiss her angel face off. ;-)

xoxo,
Connie

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

that upstairs is just like our cottage! no insulation does limit things...

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

looking forward to see what you decide!!!! sending hugs...your newest follower : )

Old Time Cindy said...

It has potential. Just need to weigh all the pros and cons. This is fun...lake house shopping with you!

Anonymous said...

Love the rustic feel. Lots at Hobby Lobby to make that house (hut) a home. But, be sure to bring the blankets!!!!
Joy!
Kathy