Monday, March 5, 2012

Decorating with Vintage: Collecting with a Purpose

Happy Monday everyone! I'm starting off the week with some great ideas of how to turn a collection into something with a purpose.

Is this clever or what?



Vintage, country style clock using old license plates.



Also clever! Pendant lighting using old telephone line insulators.



Wall art using playbills. I have a box of these somewhere from the seventies and eighties. I'm thinking basement theatre/movie room.


And planters, planters, and more planters. How multiples work well together!
Especially when they are of the same color.

It is amazing how a simple collection turns into something with a purpose.
Many of these things you can find in fleamarkets, antique shops and thrift stores for reasonable prices.

Gives me a whole new way of looking at things!

I'll be back later with listings of my latest finds (probably tomorrow night) then later in the week I'll give you a peek inside a WAREHOUSE I went to, just for crafters.
Have a BELLA day!



4 comments:

MJ said...

Great choices! I always think how creative people are in pulling these things together but I always get stuck on my collections despite their inspirations!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I love all of these! So clever! That tray of planters is so cute!

Richard Cottrell said...

The tray with all the green pottery is so cute and clever. I often wondered what a person could do with those but plant them. Perfect solution. Richard from My old Historic House.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Okay.....seriously.....I love that clock made from license plates :) Perfection and I pinned it.

blessings,
karianne