Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dress Form Redo

Today I'm joining the Polka Dot Closet for a dress form party!

In 2011 I showed my dress for makeover but I can't seem to find the close up photo.
These will have to do for now.

I started out with just the torso ... without a stand.
It was not this dress form, but the one below. I just wanted to show you how it sat on a table, without a pole. This particular dress form is in my shop currently.

Now here is a photo of my dress form, in our antique booth.
We took a lamp stand and used it as the base!


Spray painted it silver to match the metal supports/frame in the mannequin.


And voila, a dress form became new again!

I'm happy to report, it sold!

Check out the other dress forms at the big party going on over at the Polka Dot Closet.
Should be a fun time at Carol's place today!

9 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

She is gorgeous!! People are always looking for dress forms in our antique shop, I am not surprised it sold!! Thank you so much for attending the Dress Form Ball!

Carol

Old Time Cindy said...

Congrats on the sale! Popping in from Carol's dress form party to say hi!

Anonymous said...

Fun re-do and SOLD, too! My dress form is like the one you have in your shop - only I have the base. Never see her like that, though - dressing her this year for the seasons. It was fun linking up with the ball!
Joy!
Kathy

Aledia said...

Congrats on her sale!!

Have a great night,
Aledia~

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Congrats on the sale. I am sure her new owner loves her!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Cute! And clever to put it on a lamp stand! Going to hop over to the party.

MJ said...

Congrats on the sale with your ingenuity! I would have dressed her up & hoped for the best! She would likely have remained in my shop forever!

debi said...

I love the idea of a lamp stand for a base, very creative!

Mari said...

No small wonder that she was sold, she was simply to pretty to pass up on, I know I would have scooped her up ;)

Smiles~
Mari