Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #48: Antiques & Art in the Park

Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!


Every Tuesday at 9 AM, I host a link party for lovers of all things "olde." You know you've come to the right place when it feels like you are right at home here!

This week I am sharing about our local "Antiques in the Park" flea market which is held every Memorial Day and Labor Day. I was helping my Dear Hubs sell some of his summer finds and then a friend of mine joined me to go check out all of the wares. We had a great time!


There were amazing treasures EVERYWHERE.
And so were the people, hunting
for their favorites.

Once again I am reminded how blessed I am to be living so close to some awesome venues.
 
East coast pickin' in Pennsylvania, oh yes!
 

There were fun vintage things...
My friend noted that this Coca-Cola
cooler looked like something that
could be found in an airstream camper.


 
There were American Picker-ish kind of things...


 
Beautiful things...
 

And some very stunning things...

 
Including these hand Crafted things....
Yes, those are depression glass
dishes being used in this stained
glass art. Amazing!
 

That is a heart candy dish!
 

 Meet Cindy... she is the artist and creator of this beautiful stained glass art. She calls her business "The Angel Factory."
I think she could, and should, do a juried art show.
 


Then there was this booth, host of
another fellow Etsy seller, Jolisa.


Check her shop out by searching
for The Crimson Button. 
Look at these cool teaspoon
key chains. The hand stamped
wording makes them
special and unique.


Her window "signs" were
 all hand painted.



There were also colorful things...



Gas station things...

 
Groups of many things...


Clever things....
Loved the globe lamps!
In fact, this whole booth
was filled with creative pieces.
A+++++, if I were handing
out the grades! 
 
 

 
This dealer had some oldies but goodies
 

 
Loved her shelf of tins.
Looks like it came right out of a general
store stockroom.

 
And there were some unique things.
How often do you come across
a Barbershop post?
 
This was all in a town right next to mine.
Literally just minutes away,
held twice a year.
 
I did buy a few things.
Couldn't resist!
I'll share them with you later on
 
BECAUSE...
 
It's time to check out
this week's features:


Newcomer to LTV, Catherine of Ornate
Splendor, made these gorgeous
pumpkins using vintage found items.
She decorates for a local B&B.
Impressive!
 
 
 
shared some really cool barn
houses found right in her
area. I hadn't even thought
about turning a barn into a house.
These are fabulous!
 
 
shared her revamped
porch. You've got to see
her finds and how she
transformed them!


and Meg of My Vintage Life showed us
her "new" antique cutlery. What
delicate designs!
 

Remember, if your blog was featured here,
be sure to grab my LTV button above!
 
Now it's your turn:
Let's Talk Vintage!
 


 


Linking with :
What's It Wednesday
Pink Saturday

16 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Now, weren't those some fun finds!THanks for hosting, Jillian, and I'm happy to be joining in the sharing this week.

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Hi Jillian, I really enjoyed my trip around the "park" ....the depression stained glass piece was my favorite. Thank you so much for featuring my barn house post....hugs...

Victoria said...

What a fun antique show! So many fun things to look at. You're such a trooper about going to all these and hunting things down, I don't think I'd have the staying power lol. Love the glass art, what a talented lady!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I'd be all over those tins - I have a thing for tins.

I couldn't find The Crimson Button shop on Etsy. If you have a link, please post it. Thanks.

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Thanks so much for featuring my front porch revamp! You made my day. And thanks for always being such a great host.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! What a wonderful post filled with so much eye candy!! Amazing! Love the stained glass!
Great features too!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a nice flea market.....way nicer than the one I went to on Sunday! I have one of those stamped key chains from Etsy....love it....mine says "picker, junker, antique hunter"! Love your features this week. That pumpkin is gorgeous!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jillian, what great photos of your flea market day out. Great features this week. Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 48. Have a great week.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Love those handpainted window signs. AND... the glitzed up pumpkins! Great features.

Diana said...

What a super flea market, Jill--can't wait to see what you bought! Thanks so much for hosting :)

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, that flea market looks so fun! Thanks for hosting!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh wow Jillian, that looks like a fun time!! Love those stain glass pieces with the depression glass saucers, just beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing your day with us and thanks for the party!
Have a great week,
gina

Deanies Stash said...

I could find a lot of things to buy there. What a fun time! Thanks for hosting.

ornate splendor said...

Hello Jillian!
Thank you for featuring my pumpkin. :) Loved your trip around the flea market too. Always good inspiration here!
Catherine

Miss Kathy said...

A glorious show! Would love to have been there--but I was having palpitations just looking at your photos. I'm on probation from shops and shows til I can offload some of my basement. Gah! With my focus going forward on publishing, I need to liquidate a good bit of the costumes and props and some of the vintage treasures. Not quite sure how to do so and get my money's worth . . . PLUS--Ed's going to let me finally paint that paneling in the living room!! Hoping to have some good posts to the purpose in the coming months. Contemplating my sell out . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I see so many tempting treasures. Love that table/cabinet with the enamel top. Thanks for sharing your day at Vintage Inspiration Party.