Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #43: Spotted at an Antique Mall

Hello and welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 
Today I am sharing some cool vintage that I
spotted while shopping an antique
mall for Bella Rosa inventory.

 
Look at this celluloid dresser box.
Stunning. And from the looks of it,
in very nice condition.
With a price tag of 85.00 I wasn't
sure how much more was left
for me to make any money so
I didn't even ask the staff to
open the locked case it was in.
 
 
And I'm on a roll with
finding vintage dolls!
She is adorable.
 
Again, she was priced too
high for me to find any
room left for resale.
 
That is the tough part
about looking for inventory
in a retail environment.
 
 
I just love these metal name plates
removed from old cars.
 
I've sold some of these before and
still have a few pieces so I 
didn't buy any. You can find 
mine here and here.
 
 
Does this sign lure you in?
Definitely not my type of
thing to sell in my Bella Rosa
shop but it sure is neat!
Perfect for a lake or  
seaside home.

 
 I just love vintage Christmas things!
Especially after our trip inside the
is a unique museum, right
here in our own county.
 
 
I loved this circus sign
but it wasn't in the
best shape so I passed on it.
 
 
There's no clowning around!
(I just had to write that!)
 
Seriously though, this isn't easy.
Which you all know. We are
 literally hand picking vintage
 wares out of antique malls,
shops, estate sales, yard sales,
or through word of mouth.
 
 
I did find a few treasures though.
And one in here...can you
guess what I look for, each
time I visit this postcard booth?
 
Under the last file card ...
can you see it? The word
"PARIS?" Hmmm...
what could be in there?
(What a tease I am!)
 
Look for it and more in my
"Vintage Finds of the Week"
post on Wednesday evening.
 
_________________________
 
Here are this week's features:
 
 
Rita at Panopoly shared how she
reworks her antique booth ...
between the awesome goodies
she has for sale and the layouts she
prepares... I'm sure she is pulling in
buyers with this vintage appeal.
Great job, Rita! 
 
 
and Joy of A Vintage Green
shared her first stencil
making project.
Love it! I would say I'm
green with envy but that would
just be too hokey so I'll just
leave the great ideas to Joy!
 
 
And Lauren of My Wonderfully
Made came up with this amazing
side table made from an old
ash tray stand.
Wow!
 
 
and finally a newcomer to LTV!
Sarah from Sadie Seasongoods
made this awesome ladder
back scarf rack!
 
 
 
 
 

 
Now it's your turn!
Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 

10 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 43 and for featuring my stencil making post. Lovely surprise. Looking forward to checking out your Vintage Finds of the Week on Wednesday.

Miss Kathy said...

Remembering fondly our weekend visit a couple years back--and shopping the antique malls with you. Love how you've expanded. Need to clear some time and plan a visit again soon!

Joy!
Kathy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Jillian, love those Santas! I just got another blow mold Santa from my older sis. I can't wait to do a grouping on my porch for Christmas! Thanks for the party.
hugs,
Jann

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
The celluloid dresser box and the Christmas items are what caught my eye! The National Christmas Museum is on the list of places I want to go when i get my Knee surgery done in a few years....
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, thank you for hosting - and for featuring our shop! It's a constant hunt, isn't it, looking to find some very cool items (like you have!) for our customers. Panoply will be heading out to the World's Longest Yard Sale this weekend, hoping for good weather, but having a Plan B just in case!
Have a great week.
Rita

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill,
I enjoyed seeing the things you showed us from your antique mall trip. That dresser box seems very expensive, kind of like the prices were back in the
1990's. Very pretty though. My favorite is that circus sign, I just love the Circus!
Fun features and thanks so much for hosting!
Gina

Diana said...

What a fun antique store, Jillian. Looking forward to seeing your purchases :) Thanks so much for hosting!

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, I love the vintage Christmas display you shared! Thanks for hosting!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'm a fairly new follower of your blog and I enjoy the stories and history you share about the fun items you find! Thanks so much for hosting!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Thanks for featuring my ashtray table! I have nothing new to share -- well I do -- I'm just slow posting lol. So I'm here to "window shop" and see what others are sharing. I'm sure it IS a challenge to fill a store and know what will have resale potential with a profit. You always choose the prettiest things though.