Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #46: Beachy Keen Mantel Inspiration

Hello and Welcome to "Let's Talk Vintage!"




Every Tuesday at 9 am, bloggers come together to share their stories, projects, collections, wares, and latest finds. If it is about vintage, you'll find it here.

Here are some basic guidelines for linking up:
* Link as many times as you'd like
* Include a link back to my blog, specifically this post.
* Have fun reading all of the great blog posts!

That's it!


This week I am sharing my latest mantel display, inspired by Heidi of The Merry Magpie Vintage, who had posted hers on Instagram.  Since I had just come off of a beach vacation, I was super motivated! (You can connect with me here on instagram, too! I post there almost every day.)



After collecting a few pieces here and there from my house and inventory, this is what I came up with.

 
I've been collecting aqua glass bottles
over the past year or two. As much as
I've been to the beach, I've never found
sea glass... so these are 
just perfect for a bit of ocean blue!
 
 
I do have a beach themed 1/2 bath so these two apothecary
jars were already filled. . . easy peasy!


The Atlantic City postcard is a new find from our vacation although I already have a small collection of old Atlantic City and Ocean City postcards. Another collection to share with you all for a future LTV post! My collecting mind
knows no bounds!

 
The vintage beach painting was found a few months ago,
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to part with it!
(Hopefully no collection will grow from it either!)
 
 
This pair of m.o.p. opera glasses were
handed down through the family.
Possibly from my Great Grandmother's
estate. I love them and will keep
them with me 'til the end!
 
With the mother of pearl sheen
I just had to use them here.
 
 
 
This is one of my favorite mantel displays
I've created, and I've done many.
What is it about decorating the mantel?
Very limited in size and space, so what is
 the attraction? Maybe it is the challenge,
the call to be creative, especially in a small area.
 
Hope you enjoyed it!
 
Here are this week's features:
 
 


was inspired to create this cool garden vignette

It "grew" from her collection of shutters!


and
Martha of Martha's Favorites, never
let's tea cup collectors down.
She always has the most
beautiful selections each week!


and Melissa of Melissa's Antiques
shared her finds at the world's
longest yard sale. Wow! What cool
finds she has gathered for her shop!

and Lisa of Wisconsin Magpie showed
us her love for jars with typography
and how she "saved the leftovers!"

Thank you to all who shared with
LTV last week...

 
Now it's your turn:
"Let's Talk Vintage!"
 
 



Linking with:

17 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great features!!
LOVE your Beach mantle. I pinned some photos from it because I plan on doing a Beach Tree and decorating the top of our TV Center in a beach Theme next year after July 4th. Now i am looking forward to Fall...
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Sandi Magle said...

I can almost hear the ocean from your post. A beach is so fills your senses: the sand, the wind, the scents of the water, sounds of the gulls, the warmth or cold of waves lapping at your toes and one of my favorite places. I grew up on Lake Michigan and walking the beach by my grandmother's house was the supreme escape. Thanks for the jaunt back there and for hosting, love all the posters and have found many great blogs here.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the feature, Jillian!

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, Love your mantel! So fun to play with our finds after a beach vacation ;) Thanks for hosting!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your beach mantel! I have been collecting aqua colored bottles this past year and use them in my bathroom. Never thought to add some shells and seaworthy items! It may look cute. Thanks so much for featuring my garden vignette! I am thrilled to be in great company with the other features!

Diana said...

Love your beachy mantel, Jill. I'm a shell lover too. I just put some larger examples under my birthday cloche in our family room. It makes me smile :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the colors on your beach themed mantel! Thanks for hosting again this week!

Audrey said...

Love your mantel and so anxious to change mine. Thanks for the inspiration. Great party too, thanks for hosting.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Bella; I was so surprised and honored to be featured on your blog. Thank you so much. Martha

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Jillian, love your beach themed mantle! Thanks for the party. Always makes me smile when I see some of the same posts that I will be featuring.
hugs,
Jann

Deanies Stash said...

I think your beach themed mantel turned out awesome! Great job! Thank you for hosting this each week.

Hugs,
Dianne

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting, Jillian!
Gorgeous mantle and I especially love those blue bottles!

Roselle

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a pretty beach mantel you've created! I'd have a hard time parting with that painting and would never part with the beautiful old opera glasses either. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

LV said...

I enjoyed seeing all the antiques you shared. I have so many and wish I could get rid of them. It is so sad, they are wroth more than anyone will pay.

Joanne said...

So glad I found your blog today! Can't wait to explore and see all your goodies! I love the beach & I love vintage ~ a winning combination!
Joanne @ Sea Glass Cottage

Michele said...

I love all this vintage goodness, especially the glass bottles, postcards and seashells! happy pink Saturday! xo

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill, I think I forgot to leave you a comment on this post, I totally adore your beach mantle and love that painting! I think I have told you that before.
Have a great week,
Gina