Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mellow Yellow

Nothing says summer like the color yellow.
 
It is bright.
 
And cheery.
 
How can it be called mellow?
 
 
This McCoy "heart" shaped planter
could make you feel happy
when you look at it ... which could
put you in a mellow mood...
except now that I am looking
at it closer... I am wondering
if it a reproduction.
 
Anyone know a McCoy repro
when you see it?
It has a McCoy mark
but the McCoy book
I have states these
heart vases are NOT
marked.
 
This could be a good
learning lesson for me.
 
Will do some more research! 
 
I am definitely feeling mellow now.
 

 But memories of HON-E-NUT
candies could put me back in high spirits!
 
I think these were general store
signs for the boxes of candy to be
displayed on the counter.
They were made in Schuylkill Haven, PA.

Would you believe I just dug them
out of a box while moving
things around during the office re-do?
I loved the look and thought they
would be fun to put in one of the shops.
Probably Etsy. 
 

Now this "yellow" Vaseline glass
salad set definitely lifts
my spirits! These are hard to find.
 
How about you?
What kind of vintage puts you
in a good mood?
 
 

2 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

That gorgeous Vaseline glass sure mellows me out! Wow what a beauty, a real treasure. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Oh I too like that mellow yellow look. Classy.