Monday, June 30, 2014

Getting Ready for the Fourth

Can't believe it is almost July fourth.
 
I'm a wee bit behind in my shop listings.
 
This past week I was able to go
to our local flea market which is
only open on Tuesdays.
 
This time I took Bebe with me.
She did great!
 
 
Which means I did great too!
I love clock faces and I was able to
snag a couple of them.

 
I actually can't remember where I
picked up this old US History book
but what is not to love?

It even has colorful maps.
 
Very old.
I'll be listing it in my
Bella Rosa Shop soon.
 
Perfect for the fourth!
 
Speaking of....
I usually have my 
mantel decorated by now.
 
Here is what I've done before:
 
I'm a "matchy-matchy" kind of person.
I get out all of my reds, whites, and blues...
And piece them together 

 
Can you believe I have no idea where I put that little "tall ship?"
It does look cute there, perched on top of the books.
 
The blue book is "Wheat from the Field of Boaz"
which is a spiritual book.
 
I like to be reminded we are a nation
based on Christian principles
You know, IN GOD WE TRUST.

Sometimes I think we tend to forget that.


Miss Liberty and some spectacles...
The glasses remind me of Ben Franklin,
so they are symbolic too.


I started collecting the little metal souvenirs
and they are such fun to find!

You have to be picky though.
Some of them are on the junky side.

 
My mantel does not look like this right now.
I have just plopped stuff up there temporarily.
 
Bebe and I are busy bees!
Summer offers so much to do outdoors.
Who could blame me?
 
But, I'm hoping to get to it soon.
I did list a couple of things today and some
vintage fabric in my second Etsy shop.
 
 How do you decorate your home for the 4th...
and are you behind like me?
 
Enjoy your week!

No comments: