Friday, April 4, 2014

Using Vintage to Decorate for a Luncheon

Music, dance, the arts, a success!
 
I was so happy with how the tables turned out
for a luncheon held at Bebe's school yesterday.
 
The staff had asked me to help and I was
eager to dig in to my vintage stash.
 
 
Now I must make a disclaimer here. Not everything turned out
to be vintage. Like the big metal and rust film camera.
 
This piece had actually been from my church's display
that I shared with you a couple of weeks ago.
 
This reproduction camera was a big hit and
someone at the luncheon actually wanted to buy it!
(Believe it or not, our Pastor found it at Marshall's)

 
Here are the centerpieces. Each table had a different theme.
 
Obviously here I am choosing the art of dance.
My Mother had given me the ballerina
statue many years ago... it was fun being
able to use it here for Bebe's school.
The small ballet shoe is from the
 "Just the Right Shoe" series.
I only collect the pink ones.
 
 

 
I focused on art and sculpture here even though
the boy statue is made of wood. (Available in my shop)
The framed print I think I will list next week as well.
 


Here I focused on story telling, authors, etc. All four of these books are by Dickens, which was perfect because the school musical this year is Oliver Twist and the students performed several scenes for the luncheon yesterday.
Really neat!

 
Can't forget the vintage pen!

 
Here I found a couple of great pieces to download from
the Graphics Fairy and I did an overlay with my printer.
 


And here I have a couple of antique poetry
books and a camera, highlighting photography.
 
 
 
 
Here is a wide shot of the room, before the chairs and
other art pieces (created by the students) were added.
 

And of course I had to grace the food table with something...
Prints from the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC
 
 
 
 Impressionism, a favorite.
 
Well, there you have it! The luncheon turned
out to be a success...we were invited to join them.
The food was delicious, the students were amazing, they
all loved the décor, and Bebe had a great time too.
 
Thanks so much for sharing in with me
on my creative endeavors!
 
Linking with the Pink Saturday.

 

7 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

You did it!!! looks great - I see the board prints came in quite handy :) I'm sure it is admired by all the attenders.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thanks, Joyce! I knew you would recognize one of the prints! :)

LV said...

Creative and well done.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You did a fantastic job ! Love how you pulled it together.
Happy Pink Saturday

Patty Antle said...

Looks very nice. Good job!

Unknown said...

It looks really, really wonderful! I bet the organizers were so glad that they asked you to decorate, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask you to keep doing it in the future!

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh it all looks great - I so love you style. Everyone must love it!!!

Leann