Friday, April 25, 2014

All Dolled Up And Searching for a Home

I've never really been a big doll person.

I've sold dolls.

I've played with dolls... but mostly Barbies.

And overall, I don't tend to buy them when looking for inventory.



But these vintage dolls are starting to grow on me.
(The hubs sees value in them and buys them!)
 
And now I'm curious to know more...
 
The doll on the left is no longer a mystery.
 
With the help of VintageDollCollector on Facebook, I now have a company name! What a great help... and for free!
 
She is a Ballerina from Valentine.  She is possibly a Valentina Ballerina. The marking 20BALHH on the back of her neck and torso really helped zone in on the brand.
 
Sadly, she too, needs some help. A little doll hospital and she will be good as, well, vintage! (Lovingly used as we like to say.)
 
 
The other doll, that is wearing the fur wrap (it feels real by the way) is still a guess.
 
She looks a bit Madame Alexander-ish. No marking on the back.
 
Pretty dress and earrings. A pretty doll face, too.
 
I've got some reference books and I'll be searching.
 
Until then, have a great weekend!
 
Linking with Pink Saturday.
 

3 comments:

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Jill!! I love dolls. She is beautiful & I love her name ♥
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
HPS
Tami♥

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Kim Campbell said...

The other doll may be a Miss Revlon Doll. http://my.pclink.com/~jjdow/Page2.html