Friday, May 12, 2017

A Peek at Magnolia Market & My Thrifty Finds

Hello my friends!
This week has been super busy
as my hubby was in Texas for
job training, so I was solo
for the week, running Bebe
here and there.  
 
 
 
He DID manage to drive over
to Waco, TX to see Magnolia
Markets! (My suggestion) 
I think he is bringing
Bebe and I back t-shirts.
I am going to do a separate
post with all of his photos
so stay tuned!
 
 
Today I'm going to share some of my
recent thrift shop finds. I rarely go
to purchase things for myself but
today I'm going to show you finds that
I think I am going to keep!
(At least for awhile!)
 
 
Being the Nutcracker family that we are, I was so happy
when a friend pointed these out to me. I look forward
to using them during the holidays. This is a set of four
 dinner plates, but I could always use a few of them on a 3 tiered stand, too.
 

Moving backwards in time on the calendar, I also found this vintage turkey vase or planter. It would be perfect for our dessert silverware orfor display.

We usually host Thanksgiving so this was a fun find for me.

 
And still going back in the timeline, who can
resist this brightly colored candy corn dish
for Fall? I think Bebe will enjoy it the most!
 
 
 
I will enjoy using these wine glass markers
that I found. They depict different nations...
an Eiffel Tower for France, the Taj Mahal, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Statue of Liberty for the US, etc.
 
 

 
And last...  this was a unique find. As a former local tv producer, I was excited to find this unusual piece. It is an old TV studio camera.
 
It has the large circular piece on the top which shows that in the old days they used FILM. Yessiree, they had to edit the film everyday to bring you the news. No digital easy stuff!
 
Anyway, I'm not sure if it is simply a paper weight or was
it an award at a previous time? I just love it, either way.
 
I still live in the same town as the TV station where
I used to work so I'm wondering if it was a former employee's?
 
I rarely share my thrifty finds that I keep so
I hope you enjoyed seeing them. Always
fun, always a treasure to be found!
 
I'm off to go to work and open up my shop...
 
Enjoy the day!
 
 
 

5 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Fun finds, Jill. I love the Nutcracker plates for home use, and that old camera/award is very cool. Happy Mother's Day weekend to you.

rush said...

I like seeing thrifty finds whether or not they are for you! It's always fun to see what other people collect for themselves. The movie camera is super fun and unusual...a one of a kind, for sure!

https://www.vintagesouthernpicks.com said...

Those ARE fun finds! The movie camera is super special & would be a great conversation piece/paperweight, etc. I know you will enjoy that. Sometimes it's fun to keep stuff for ourselves! Ha! Occasionally anyway.

Lauren at Wonderfully Made said...

What a sweet hubby to go and take photos for you AND possibly bring back a souvenir! I would love to go there someday. I love finding cute holiday things like you did --- my problem is FINDING them when I need them! Enjoy your Mother's Day!k

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Great, unusual finds! Do you find that you keep more than you sell sometimes?? ;-) I have been on a thrifting binge lately and am overwhelmed at the thought of trying to share them all. I'll just keep 'em!!